Author Topic: ui failed to load...  (Read 1013 times)

Offline pblahut

ui failed to load...
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:16:06 AM »
I am getting the annoying "UI failed to load..." message. I had to restore my OS yesterday and since then, Avast will not work. I have run the Avast Clear Utility to thoroughly uninstall any trace of Avast. I have ensured Windows Defender is fully disabled. I have tried BOTH the Free version and the Premier version that I have an active subscription for.

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit (version 6.3 build 9600). My account is the only account on the computer and it has administrator privileges. I have tried the steps referenced here: https://support.avast.com/en-ca/article/Troubleshoot-Embarrassing-UI-Failed-load/ but nothing has worked.

Is there anything else I can try?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: ui failed to load...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 09:51:14 AM »
- Which version/build of Avast..?
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: ui failed to load...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 10:05:31 AM »
@pblahut
I think answer the first 2 of Asyn's questions were contained in your OP, but can you please state the actual version of Avast you have installed, even if it is the latest download, for information.
Do you have any other Antimalware/Antivirus programs installed or old ones or trials that have not been properly removed from your machine?
Another thing to try is Repair Avast via User Interface Menu>Settings>Troubleshooting>[REPAIR APP]
I would also give your machine a couple of Restarts (not just shutdown/startup) for good measure.