Author Topic: How to remove: URL: Blacklist ?  (Read 73721 times)

Offline Leontiuc Marius

Re: How to remove: URL: Blacklist ?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2022, 03:23:12 PM »
the website newsnet.ro is created on an OxWall platform.  the plugins are bought from OxWall, we have license keys for all of them, including the facebook login plugin which I have disabled now.  we have no frauds, newsnet is the official social network of the Evangelical Protestant Church in Romania and I am admin.  what Avast is doing is blackmailing us by labeling it as a "fraudulent website". On Monday, if the antivirus continues to categorize it as a virus website, I will also file a criminal complaint with the Romanian Police and the FBI both against Avast and against the others  people who own websites where we are maliciously labeled. No one makes fun of our work and the church network. Both the Romanian law, the German law and the American law expressly prohibit false statements in public computer data. The Romanian law punishes with  prison for such acts. we live and use newsnet especially in Romania and the law protects us. we will fight for every day of arrest of those who caused us this harm, because even after my warning things have not changed.  And attention, I am the coordinating pastor of the Religious Group of the Evangelical Protestant Church in Romania. Avast, you will have to pay millions of euros for what you did to us. Remember: Monday morning  today, 8 o'clock in Romania, you have a maximum deadline
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 03:24:56 PM by Leontiuc Marius »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2022, 04:37:41 PM »
How is avast blackmailing you, they haven't demanded money from you.

Considering your site as you said is the  "official social network of the Evangelical Protestant Church in Romania" a religious based one, these threats are hardly compatible.

We Avast Users have given you information on:
How to harden your site against the weaknesses highlighted.
It can also be reported as a possible False Positive, links already given in this topic several times.
Notably the one immediately before your first post, Reply #35.

<snip>
Report a false positive (select file or website)
https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2022, 11:12:20 AM »
Apart from discussed website weaknesses above, I have this to add.

The website is not being flagged by avast any longer,.
It still has 4 site security issues.

I only see content requests and SSL is secure.
Ziaruldebanat.ro & YouTube as external links found.

polonus (volunteer 3rd party cold recon website security analyst and website error-hunter)
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline aaronavcrc

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2022, 06:40:02 PM »
Is there a way to see the list of addresses in the "URL:Blacklist"? I was in the middle of launching a game and it gave me a URL blocklist error and the game crashed. I attempted to reload the game and now it does not prompt me with the URL:Blacklist msg. I turned off active AV and it worked until the 10 min timer was done and then it locked up and the game crashed again. Please help me find the URL in question so I can file a false positive report.

Thank you,

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2022, 02:41:59 PM »
Did you check the url against VirusTotal. Do other vendors block it as well.
You could post a FP notice and wait for a reply from avast team.

pol
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Carlo Monetta

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2023, 10:09:40 AM »
Good morning,

Could you remove the domain pviformazione.it and all its subdomains including fad.pviformazione.it from the blacklist?

Thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2023, 11:49:30 AM »
-  Reporting a Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php.
You should get a response in a day or two.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security