Author Topic: Double Billing by AVAST  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Don175

Double Billing by AVAST
« on: July 16, 2019, 12:47:18 AM »
Based on an email from AVAST, it appears I am about to be double-billed by AVAST.

I have looked at the online HELP page but none of the options apply (consider adding "Other" as an option.

So, how and whom do I contact to get my problem solved. It will be easier to solve the problem now than wait until my credit card is tapped.

Offline Don175

Re: Double Billing by AVAST
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:49:44 AM »
Problem solved. Please disregard.

Offline screwedbyAvast

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:55:20 AM »
I was QUADRUPLE billed, Avast is refusing to refund.

My wife cleaned up all the billing on a credit card this year, then in June, we get a surprise charge from Avast. When she called to say we didn't order anything, the customer service person bullied my wife, kept trying to talk her into keeping the charge, and see if there was some service my wife might find worth the charge. When my wife refused and asked for the refund the agent hung up.

My wife then called the bank to stop the charge, but the bank required proof that we attempt to resolve with the retailer.

So I called back (it was a little bit of time, i was out of town at the time she called in), and I too received quite a run around, but I didn't give in, and we went through 4 years of billing! and Avast was creating a new order for each year (which, in business terms, is quite different than renewing a previous purchase.)

I showed the agent that we had not been participating customers for 5 years, and demanded we receive retribution for the un-authorized new billings each year (for varying amounts by the way).

I was assured that we would A) have all recurring account status changed to CANCELED and B) receive a refund for the YEARS of new charges  Avast was creatively billing without rendering any service.

When another billing cycle went by and we had not received our refund, I called in AGAIN today. The customer service representative tried to talk me into accepting no refund at all. When I refused, i demanded a supervisor. The supervisor kept trying to use phrases like "I understand" and "I'm working to resolve it now" but then would return to the same listen-to-my-hypnotic-voice tone trying to tell me "you will accept our ruling" and "Avast has dealt with this via Email" and "you will have to send an email request for escalation".

I took down the new ticket number, replied to the "we don't want to pay" email with ticket number and employee number of the newest session, and of course, have heard nothing back.

This is the equivalent of Pirateware/scams.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 10:21:01 AM »
I was QUADRUPLE billed, Avast is refusing to refund.

My wife cleaned up all the billing on a credit card this year, then in June, we get a surprise charge from Avast. When she called to say we didn't order anything, the customer service person bullied my wife, kept trying to talk her into keeping the charge, and see if there was some service my wife might find worth the charge. When my wife refused and asked for the refund the agent hung up.

My wife then called the bank to stop the charge, but the bank required proof that we attempt to resolve with the retailer.

So I called back (it was a little bit of time, i was out of town at the time she called in), and I too received quite a run around, but I didn't give in, and we went through 4 years of billing! and Avast was creating a new order for each year (which, in business terms, is quite different than renewing a previous purchase.)

I showed the agent that we had not been participating customers for 5 years, and demanded we receive retribution for the un-authorized new billings each year (for varying amounts by the way).

I was assured that we would A) have all recurring account status changed to CANCELED and B) receive a refund for the YEARS of new charges  Avast was creatively billing without rendering any service.

When another billing cycle went by and we had not received our refund, I called in AGAIN today. The customer service representative tried to talk me into accepting no refund at all. When I refused, i demanded a supervisor. The supervisor kept trying to use phrases like "I understand" and "I'm working to resolve it now" but then would return to the same listen-to-my-hypnotic-voice tone trying to tell me "you will accept our ruling" and "Avast has dealt with this via Email" and "you will have to send an email request for escalation".

I took down the new ticket number, replied to the "we don't want to pay" email with ticket number and employee number of the newest session, and of course, have heard nothing back.

This is the equivalent of Pirateware/scams.

Hi,

Can you please PM me the email address(s) used for the subscriptions as well as the tciket/case id numbers and we will look into this.