Author Topic: Can't update payment method  (Read 6192 times)

Offline sstackett2014

Can't update payment method
« on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »
So...Avast might be overdoing it JUST A BIT on their security features when it comes to being able for the customer to access their own private, password protected payment information  :P

My credit card used last year has been replaced.
I'm no longer using the email client (Windows Live Mail) I was using last Sept. 
Thunderbird, of course, hasn't got a copy of the activation email with special password that was used last Sept. 
The hard copy I always print out is in storage with 2019 business files!

I've been chasing my tail for an hour trying to update payment information.  You certainly cannot do it when you are on Profile Avast.com!  And you can't reset it from the email they sent me this morning warning me that my payment method was soon to expire. 

What is a customer to do? 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Can't update payment method
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 12:00:40 PM »
So...Avast might be overdoing it JUST A BIT on their security features when it comes to being able for the customer to access their own private, password protected payment information  :P

My credit card used last year has been replaced.
I'm no longer using the email client (Windows Live Mail) I was using last Sept. 
Thunderbird, of course, hasn't got a copy of the activation email with special password that was used last Sept. 
The hard copy I always print out is in storage with 2019 business files!

I've been chasing my tail for an hour trying to update payment information.  You certainly cannot do it when you are on Profile Avast.com!  And you can't reset it from the email they sent me this morning warning me that my payment method was soon to expire. 

What is a customer to do?

Hi,

I have sent you a PM.

Offline sstackett2014

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »
None of these suggestions have helped :(
I tried accessing the Order information using my customer portal.  All I can find is the Activation Code I got from Digital River.  It seems like every link is either a page of more links or a dead end. 

I can't do anything in Account Settings except edit my email.  Not helpful.
Can't do anything about Manage your Avast subscription in that link without Order Number.  Where do I find order number?
Can't make progress here, either:  Updating your payment information for Avast orders distributed by Digital River - it takes me right back to Manage your Avast subscription. 

This is what I meant by chasing my tail, yesterday :( 

It seems to me that the best policy now is wait for my Avast subscription to just expire because I know they will chase me down and want a new payment method.  I just find it odd, since I am pretty tech savvy, run an online ecommerce store among other things, that this is the one place a person cannot access their own payment method. 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 06:18:30 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
None of these suggestions have helped :(
I tried accessing the Order information using my customer portal.  All I can find is the Activation Code I got from Digital River.  It seems like every link is either a page of more links or a dead end. 

I can't do anything in Account Settings except edit my email.  Not helpful.
Can't do anything about Manage your Avast subscription in that link without Order Number.  Where do I find order number?
Can't make progress here, either:  Updating your payment information for Avast orders distributed by Digital River - it takes me right back to Manage your Avast subscription. 

This is what I meant by chasing my tail, yesterday :( 

It seems to me that the best policy now is wait for my Avast subscription to just expire because I know they will chase me down and want a new payment method.  I just find it odd, since I am pretty tech savvy, run an online ecommerce store among other things, that this is the one place a person cannot access their own payment method.

Hi,

As I have mentioaned in the PM i sent you:
Our system sent an email for the expired credit card on 17 August 2020 to (***your email addres***)
This email contained your order ID and password (to log into the system to change your credit card details).

You have two options:
1. Click on the link "UPDATE PAYMENT DETAILS" in that email, it will take you directly to the order management page for that order (you just need to enter your password - located in the email).
2. Visit avast.com/find-order and enter the orderID and password (both located in the email)

Once on the order mangement page, you should see the section "PAYMENT DETAILS UPDATE"

Based on what you have described, you seem to be on a totally different web page. Clearing your cookies/cache or using a different browser might help.

Offline mjbows2him

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 01:52:38 AM »
I did not receive confirmation email with order which I need to update my billing. Please advise. The account that being drafted is going to be overdrawn.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 01:59:25 AM »
I did not receive confirmation email with order which I need to update my billing. Please advise. The account that being drafted is going to be overdrawn.

The most common causes of non-receipt of email confirmation are:
1.  Email sent to spam folder of your email service or your email program.
2.  A typo when completing the payment instruction.
3.  Perhaps it was on an old email address no longer used.

Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.

If you haven't got the Order ID, etc. enter 00000000 and give as much information that you can to help identify it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 02:02:04 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 12:39:07 PM »

Hi,

Notifications were sent to your email address @aol.com

Offline mjbows2him

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 04:23:32 AM »
The AOL email is an old email address and should have bounced back as designed. The new email has been on file for over a year! Please forward the email to ***removed for privacy reasons *** so I can get the Order ID.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:45:11 AM by r@vast »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
The AOL email is an old email address and should have bounced back as designed. The new email has been on file for over a year! Please forward the email to ***removed for privacy reasons *** so I can get the Order ID.

Hi,
The notification has been re-sent to the @gmail email address.
Please note, it is not advisable to post personal information such as email addresses on a public forum.
It would be best to send such information via PM/DM.

Offline cjm_wilford1

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 03:49:01 AM »
I don't believe that anything has changed since your post. This level of security is over the top.

I have been trying for the last two hours to access a way to change my payment information as I have a new credit card.
I have joined 4 subscription for annual continuous payment.  I have the documented proof in front of me. However, I am informed that my order ID does not exist nor does it match my Password or the Subscription Portal Password of the authorised reseller!.

What is a girl to do?  Am I happy NO.  All I ask of Avast is PLEASE make it simpler.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »
I don't believe that anything has changed since your post. This level of security is over the top.

I have been trying for the last two hours to access a way to change my payment information as I have a new credit card.
I have joined 4 subscription for annual continuous payment.  I have the documented proof in front of me. However, I am informed that my order ID does not exist nor does it match my Password or the Subscription Portal Password of the authorised reseller!.

What is a girl to do?  Am I happy NO.  All I ask of Avast is PLEASE make it simpler.

Hi,

You seem to have an Avast Ultimate subscription (based on the email you used on this forum) which does not auto-renew. You can not update your credit card details for this order and will have to place a new order once the license expires. (This might be the reason why the order details and passwords do not match)
For any sales or billing issues, please contact support here: https://support.avast.com/en-au/contact/sales_other_general