Author Topic: Network Interruption with Yahoo and Thunderbird  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Dennis46

Network Interruption with Yahoo and Thunderbird
« on: August 23, 2020, 03:55:26 AM »
Hello,
Since the latest update, I've been getting network interruption messages when trying to get my email using Mozilla's Thunderbird.  My wife is has the same issue with her Thunderbird.  I went to the Thunderbird web site and found a recommendation to put yahoo pop mail as an exception on the Email Shield.  I don't like that idea because I'm leaving myself unprotected from bad emails.  My question is by doing this recommendation am I leaving myself vulnerable to email malware and etc?  Do you have another solution to resolve this problem?  Thunderbird forum and support indicate that it's a virus program issue.  I'm using macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and my wife is using macOS Mojave 10.14.6.  Like I said this only started happening at the 14.5 update.

Thanks,

Dennis

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Network Interruption with Yahoo and Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:29:26 AM »
Hello,
we are not aware of any issues with Thunderbird/yahoo right now. Could you please send us support package (https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/Submit-Mac-Security-support-file) so that I can check what could be wrong?
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek