Author Topic: Disabling Avast offerings  (Read 1167 times)

Offline polo_

Disabling Avast offerings
« on: August 25, 2020, 02:00:47 AM »
Hello,
 I have a subscription for Avast  Premium Security. as I become increasingly tired and bothered by Avast`s messages and offerings of miracle software -  Avast Battery Saver (the last one in a long line--- ;) even on my desktop) who promised to increase my battery life with several years, Avast Cleanup who offered to clean 32 Gb of junk and after trying paid version cleaned only 200 MB of browser cache( >:(), or Driver Updater who always destroys my network drivers, etc.... I came here to ask: is there a way to disable those notifications and hide all of those programs? is there a way to avoid seeing all those notifications from Avast sidekick programs from the Performance tab and not seeing all those promises at the bottom of the avast window?
I have supported Avast for some years now and I don't want that nuisance to end this.
 Thank you kindly.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 02:10:04 AM by polo_ »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Disabling Avast offerings
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:25:31 AM »
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0