Author Topic: Avast Blocks CleanMyMac app  (Read 17591 times)

Offline storyerr

Re: Avast Blocks CleanMyMac app
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
CleanMyMac was removed from the AppEsteems' list of Deceptors 24 hours ago, still no reaction on Avast side

Offline SwissTony

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2020, 02:16:35 PM »
The only item against CleanMyMac specifically is that is does not fix, for free, items found in a scan in the freeware version of the product. If you search for Avast you will find they were dinged by AppEsteem for the exact same offense with their driver utility. Also MacPaw say they are trying to work directly with Avast but being ignored.

It's been fixed for a week Avast - update your app. Avast's "you need to run scan X" only to find it's yet another subscription upgrade has been irritating me anyway. If it's not fixed I am quitting Avast and finding another virus solution.

Offline Vladimirz

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
Same problem here, I reinstalled CCleaner, then Avast to no avail.
Uninstalled Avast...
Please can you send me which version of CCleaner is blocked by Avast? I'm sure you are wrong. ;)

Offline smeadowlea

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »
I have CleanmyMac X installed (latest Version) but Avast is preventing it from opening. UnInstalling Avast makes no difference HELP

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »
I have CleanmyMac X installed (latest Version) but Avast is preventing it from opening. UnInstalling Avast makes no difference HELP
If Avast is preventing opening the app then how it can prevent it when it is not installed anymore?
There must be some catch....
Quality is also a feature.

Offline smeadowlea

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2020, 05:07:26 PM »
Well it does

Offline smeadowlea

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
I have had to uninstall and then reinstall Cleanly Mac to get it running again. No more Avast for me until this is sorted.

Offline john1921

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 04:48:12 PM »
Has any headway on a resolution been made on this by Avast? I just started having this problem as well. It is a major inconvenience. I am running version 4.6.15 of Clean My Mac, version 14.6 of Avast, and version 10.15.7 of MacOS. Avast consistently wants to put certain PUP files related to Clean My Mac in the virus chest. If I allow this, Clean My Mac will no longer boot and I have to reinstall it. Avast allows for an exception to be set but the exception process is ineffective in getting Avast to quit interfering with Clean My Mac.

Offline Teiwaz627

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »
This is really BS!  I shouldn't have to disable checking for real malware.  I should be able to specify that CleanMyMac is added to the exception list; which I have done.  Adding an exception should override anything else - Poor decision on Avast development's part.  The problem remains no matter what.  I will have no other option then to un-install Avast.  I use CleanMyMac regularly on all my Macs!

Hello dear customers,

We apologise for the inconvenience. We understand that Clean My Mac is a favourite macOS application.

Unfortunately, Clean My Mac was marked as a deceptor by a 3rd party company that we trust - AppEsteem. Information about the AppEsteem project can be found at https://customer.appesteem.com/Home/DeceptorFix. The list of all deceptor applications with details on what they are doing wrong can be found on AppEsteem's website: https://customer.appesteem.com/deceptors.

It is now up to Clean My Mac to resolve the issues found by AppEsteem and get cleared from the list. If you really want to use the application for the time being, the best course of action is to add it to FileShield exceptions or switch off PUP scanning for FileShield. Both can be done in Avast Preferences - Core Shields.

Best regards,

Jakub