Author Topic: Problem with Avast Password  (Read 9764 times)

Offline georgek530

Problem with Avast Password
« on: August 27, 2020, 06:05:21 PM »
 Until yesterday my Avast Password control (part of Avast Premium Security) worked just fine, until after my computer booted in the morning, when I clicked on one of the website tabs.  Instead of going to the website, an Avast screen showed the website name, link address, user/sign-in name, but not the password.  The box showed only dots, but not the written password.  I called the Avast Care people who took control (remote) of my computer.  After several attempts to fix the problem, they transferred the problem to "higher" levels.  Now, Avast says I must use a special uninstall method to remove all four of my Avast Premium programs including "stray" files, then reinstall the whole mess.  Since I'm paying for Avast Care, I have now asked them to do this rather complicated process themselves, using the remote control option. 

We'll now see what they say. 

Offline MrDJ

Re: Problem with Avast Password
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »
hi
im having same issues. its caused by a UI update to 1.0.552

the buttons are there for copy or show password but you cant see them. they are to the right of the password box.

doesnt sound good if tech support connected remotely to your pc and coudnt see the faded buttons on the right. wonder if tech support are informed of all the upgrades made to this software.

the password showing as ......... is default and has always been like that and then you click on the eye button to reveal the password.
hover your mouse over the right of the password box and left click and it works. im blind in one eye and can just about see the outline.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:10:09 PM by MrDJ »
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline bud7

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:37:58 AM »
I have the same problem on all my computers.  I took a close look and discovered where the invisible buttons are, and problem solved.
Many thanks for the simple fix.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 08:06:51 AM »
Hi guys, I forwarded it to the UI devs...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 03:20:36 PM »
thank you.

as you mentioned on the update post, could you also forward yours and my settings page as i do not have the option to use updated theme.
just in case im using windows 10 pro
avast premium
fully upto date as far as i can tell.
any more info needed just ask.

Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
as i do not have the option to use updated theme.
no more for me but I think this option is only available with the beta version (used by Asyn as its signature indicates)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:47:42 PM by chris.. »

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 08:23:25 PM »
as i do not have the option to use updated theme.
no more for me but I think this option is only available with the beta version (used by Asyn as its signature indicates)
thanks Chris.
since my last nightmare of having to reinstall avast which knakkered windows 10 so had to reinstall that as well im not going to risk any more problems just in case. password is still working for me and it sounds like it will continue to work but not if you reinstall so im not risking that.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 08:27:41 AM »
thank you.
You're welcome. The devs are checking it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline marvelousartworks

• MARVELous Artworks
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 08:10:31 PM »
hi
im having same issues. its caused by a UI update to 1.0.552

the buttons are there for copy or show password but you cant see them. they are to the right of the password box.

doesnt sound good if tech support connected remotely to your pc and coudnt see the faded buttons on the right. wonder if tech support are informed of all the upgrades made to this software.

the password showing as ......... is default and has always been like that and then you click on the eye button to reveal the password.
hover your mouse over the right of the password box and left click and it works. im blind in one eye and can just about see the outline.

That you so much. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out what was going on. Hopefully they will fix it so we can see the eye and other things again. Until then I will just hover over where I know the buttons are. Thank you!

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 12:08:46 PM »
your welcome.

Offline christophe7

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »
Until yesterday my Avast Password control (part of Avast Premium Security) worked just fine, until after my computer booted in the morning, when I clicked on one of the website tabs.  Instead of going to the website, an Avast screen showed the website name, link address, user/sign-in name, but not the password.  The box showed only dots, but not the written password.  I called the Avast Care people who took control (remote) of my computer.  After several attempts to fix the problem, they transferred the problem to "higher" levels.  Now, Avast says I must use a special uninstall method to remove all four of my Avast Premium programs including "stray" files, then reinstall the whole mess.  Since I'm paying for Avast Care, I have now asked them to do this rather complicated process themselves, using the remote control option. 

We'll now see what they say.

Same problem, i'm using the Premium Security and since the last update i can not copy or see my passwords anymore. Please fix that this makes no sense, especially for apps not in a browser !!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 12:27:12 PM »
Hi guys, UI 1.0.554 has been released, could you check if it works now..!?

Offline Timothy 6

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 04:00:35 PM »
Still unable to see passwords

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »

almost there.

i can confirm that close, copy, view buttons are now visible YAY!
BUT
when i click on the eye to view password that is now blacked out. so a small tweak on the password to turn it white instead of black will have rectified this UI issue (for me anyway)

to the other person above who says still not working. do a cookie cleanup using cc cleaner or avast cleanup and a reboot hopefully should sort it for you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 01:09:29 PM »
almost there.

i can confirm that close, copy, view buttons are now visible YAY!
BUT
when i click on the eye to view password that is now blacked out. so a small tweak on the password to turn it white instead of black will have rectified this UI issue (for me anyway)
Thanks MrDJ, the devs have been informed and are working on it.