Author Topic: Subscription screen not displaying properly  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Jamie2020

Subscription screen not displaying properly
« on: September 01, 2020, 06:08:38 AM »
Hey everyone, I recently checked the subscription dashboard of my Avast Premium security and noticed a change in appearance. But with the change also came some errors in display.
For one, the number of days I have left now displays as "NaN", whatever that means
Also, the number of devices active is also incorrect, I have activated 2 devices, not 1. It says active in the last 30 days. Does that mean the counter only updates once every 30 days?

Anyone else experiencing these display issues?
To Avast tech support who might be in the forums, has anyone else reported similar problems?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Subscription screen not displaying properly
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:51:01 AM »
Hey everyone, I recently checked the subscription dashboard of my Avast Premium security and noticed a change in appearance. But with the change also came some errors in display.
For one, the number of days I have left now displays as "NaN", whatever that means
Also, the number of devices active is also incorrect, I have activated 2 devices, not 1. It says active in the last 30 days. Does that mean the counter only updates once every 30 days?

Anyone else experiencing these display issues?
To Avast tech support who might be in the forums, has anyone else reported similar problems?

Hi,

Concerning "NaN" - Could you try to repair Avast Premium Security please.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Repair-Antivirus/

Concerning "the number of devices active" -  it is currently not showing the number of devices, but how many times that specific product was activated within the last 30 days

Offline Jamie2020

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »
Concerning "NaN" - Could you try to repair Avast Premium Security please.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Repair-Antivirus/

Concerning "the number of devices active" -  it is currently not showing the number of devices, but how many times that specific product was activated within the last 30 days

I did the repair as instructed, then I restarted the PC, but it still displays as "NaN"

As for the number of active device, I currently have it active on my PC, and in early August (I don't remember exactly when) I activated the subscription a second time on my Android device. There was no activation issue on the android, and it's working fine.
Is there another way for me to check the number of active device besides the subscription screen on my PC? Because the one on android don't have that feature.

Thanks in advance

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 01:26:07 PM »
Update to the latest version (20.7.2425): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=237544.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jamie2020

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 05:59:56 AM »
I updated manually to the latest software that was provided and it seems to have fixed the days remaining display issues.
But the problem with the number of device active still persist. It's still only registering one device active (my PC) while my android device is not counted, even though the android device itself has Avast activated without a problem.

So back to my other question, is there another way for me to check accurately the devices that are active under my subscription? Like perhaps through an online member dashboard from an Avast website or something similar? Because it seems like it may be problematic to manage multiple devices if I can't keep track of them accurately.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jamie2020

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 05:17:20 AM »
Bumping this thread.
Is the issue of number of active device not displaying properly something that I should take up with a support ticket?