Author Topic: Avast stopped my mouse from working  (Read 1170 times)

Offline rapidfinancialsolutions

Avast stopped my mouse from working
« on: September 02, 2020, 02:56:42 AM »
Hi,

So first off, I can't believe I can't change my e-mail address in my profile on this forum. It's an old e-mail that was ditched due to spam.

Second, I recently decided to get rid of paying for ESET after 5 years, & decicded to try out Avast that I used many years. On both of my 2 computers, I only use a very old ergonomic mouse that has saved my hands/wrist/fingers from immense pain over the years, not to mention it allows me to work very fast.

On both computers, after I restarted (not before) Avast stopped my mouse from working & we wasted tons of time trying to figure out what the problem was b/c who would think that an antivirus program would stop your MOUSE from working!!!

On one computer it has the 9 PIN serial port, on the other it uses a USB adapter.

In fact, if I hadn't suggested uninstalling it before we continued troubleshooting, we never would have realized it was Avast.

I've moved on to another virus protection program, but I thought people should know b/c that's terrible.

I lost around 2 hours of my life due to that & Avast, you lost a potential paying customer.

Take care

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast stopped my mouse from working
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:21:16 AM »
You can't in the forum as such as it isn't located in the forums - Log on to your my.avast.com account, in the Profile settings (Top right of screen) see attached image.

Click the Account Settings > Email management > Add another email.
Once that email has been validated, you can go back into the same settings and set that email as your Primary email address job done.

You could of course have save a lot of time by asking in the forums much sooner.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline rapidfinancialsolutions

Re: Avast stopped my mouse from working
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 03:40:45 AM »
You can't in the forum as such as it isn't located in the forums - Log on to your my.avast.com account, in the Profile settings (Top right of screen) see attached image.

Click the Account Settings > Email management > Add another email.
Once that email has been validated, you can go back into the same settings and set that email as your Primary email address job done.

You could of course have save a lot of time by asking in the forums much sooner.

I had no time to wait until someone gave me an answer to that & why would you put the change of e-mail on a totally site than the forum??? LOL

It makes no sense.

And I just added it, never got the e-mail. Clicked on the resend link 2 more times & nothing & no, it's not in my spam folder.

Just terrible.