Author Topic: Accessibility issues  (Read 67007 times)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Accessibility issues
« on: September 02, 2020, 11:33:05 AM »
Please report any accessibility issues with our antivirus products in this thread.
By accessibility issues we mean issues related to readers (for example: JAWS, NVDA) bad colors, poor contrast, DPI issues etc..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 11:22:17 AM by MartinZ »

Offline Elizabeth194

Re: Accessibility issues
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
Hi, I have tried to change my credit card details 5 times through the 'Update my payment details' portal you send in the email that tells me that renewal payment has failed. The page says that the update is successful but the next time I look it has not been updated. Please help.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »
 MartinZ , Could you be a little clearer about this subject, moreover in post-it  ???
Looking at Elizabeth194's answer, I think you should explain what you call "Accessibility issues".

I assumed it was about the accessibility of the forum (following a change?) and check that the forum is accessible even during the handling of "SPAM"?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 09:36:53 PM »
MartinZ , Could you be a little clearer about this subject, moreover in post-it  ???
Looking at Elizabeth194's answer, I think you should explain what you call "Accessibility issues".

I assumed it was about the accessibility of the forum (following a change?) and check that the forum is accessible even during the handling of "SPAM"?
Accessibility issues to me mean problems accessing any part of Avast for those with handicaps of any kind.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 07:17:21 AM »
Accessibility issues = issues related to readers (for example: JAWS, NVDA) bad colors, poor contrast, DPI issues.

Offline strakl

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 05:34:38 PM »
Hello all avast members.
I am a new avast forum member, as well as pretty much a new avast user. So, a year a go, from what i've saw, avast was rubbish in terms of accessibility. I just reinstalled it the other day, and, oh my, this is just, wow wow wow! It's so much an improvement. Everything is accessible very much, but for example, the first screen when you install avast doesn't have screen reader focus, which is a pain because i can't get it to focus because it's that thing that starts first, when you install  avast and let you do a first scann, and some other things, and that thing should have focus. But yeah, very accessible at least for now, just fix some focus issues. By the way, the upgrading to avast paid subscribtions window doesn't have focus eather. Oh and yeah, using windows 10, NVDA screen reader, because I'm blind.
Regards,
Urh

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 07:11:33 AM »
Thank you very much for your feedback. As you wrote, there are still issues, we are working on it. We know about the first screen. Could I ask for screenshot of your screen when you lost the focus during upgrade: the upgrading to avast paid subscribtions window? The flow is pretty long, and it helps a lot to identify when exactly this happen. You can send it directly to me: petr.blatny@avast.com

Thank you again
Petr

Hello all avast members.
I am a new avast forum member, as well as pretty much a new avast user. So, a year a go, from what i've saw, avast was rubbish in terms of accessibility. I just reinstalled it the other day, and, oh my, this is just, wow wow wow! It's so much an improvement. Everything is accessible very much, but for example, the first screen when you install avast doesn't have screen reader focus, which is a pain because i can't get it to focus because it's that thing that starts first, when you install  avast and let you do a first scann, and some other things, and that thing should have focus. But yeah, very accessible at least for now, just fix some focus issues. By the way, the upgrading to avast paid subscribtions window doesn't have focus eather. Oh and yeah, using windows 10, NVDA screen reader, because I'm blind.
Regards,
Urh

Offline strakl

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 03:14:34 PM »
Hi Petr.
I'm afraid I can't give the screenshot because I already have the pro version for  avast and I don't want to reinstall avast to get that window again, although don't worry, I'll explain in detail where that window is, and I am allmost sure you will know what i mean.
So, you know when you install avast free, you get a welcome gift, if you unwrapp the gift, that screen that says i have my subscribtion 60 percent off at a discount is not in focus and i have to use OCR to get it to work. Also, on the main avast screen, if you have the free version, clicking upgrade will put you in that inaccessible screen.
I'll try to help as much as I can with other issues that i may find.
Windows 10 64 bit, using NVDA as my main screen reader.
Regards,
Urh

Offline strakl

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 03:21:58 PM »
Hello!
One more question. Could this forum be changed so you wouldn't have to verify everytime you want to post but only once on the beginning. I think this should be in this topic because there are some people that find it hard to do this type of thing, even when listening.
Regards,
Urh

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »
Hi Urh, captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline strakl

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »
Lol I should think first about posting xd, didn't know that captcha is only required 3 times, thanks for clerifying.
Regards,
Urh

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »
You're welcome. Cheers
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline strakl

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 06:07:37 PM »
I completely forgot to mention one thing here: I'm sure avast antivirus icon in the system tray has a right click option, so you can quickly perform tasks, well, if I do shift f10 which is a right click, it wont do anything, so I suppose that is not accessible eather. That would be really helpfull if you could fixt that because going into different areas of avast with the right click  is defenetly easier.
Regards,
Urh

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 07:07:40 AM »
We will try to add it, thank you for your feedback
Petr

I completely forgot to mention one thing here: I'm sure avast antivirus icon in the system tray has a right click option, so you can quickly perform tasks, well, if I do shift f10 which is a right click, it wont do anything, so I suppose that is not accessible eather. That would be really helpfull if you could fixt that because going into different areas of avast with the right click  is defenetly easier.
Regards,
Urh

Offline strakl

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »
Thank you for listening to my feedback. I'm sure avast is on the right track towards beeing 100 percent accessible to everybody.