Author Topic: Your installer is Horrible, slow, freezes down, unresponsible.  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Malcador

Your installer is Horrible, slow, freezes down, unresponsible.
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »
I did a new installation on Windows. I'm trying to run avast installer.
The downloader did it's job, than didn't answer for 3 minutes. I'm runnin on a 100mbs net, from a 500mb/s SSD harddrive.
After a taskbar window came up "pliz don't turn of your computer" a good 10 minutes and finally done,
and asked to restart the computer. Still nothing. The computer restarted the INSTALLATION IS STILL NOT DONE.

Once it already frooze for a good 30 minute, and I can't close the installer or the avast background program.
I restarted once again, started the install again, and now I had a restart and it does the same thing.
It runs in the background and does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Why can't avast have a proper installer like every other application ever? Why was this better than the old one?
It's an absolute horror trying to install this software. No matter what I do, I can't make this work.
There is no problem on my end, I started running it with administrator rights and firewalls of. Still Nothing.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Your installer is Horrible, slow, freezes down, unresponsible.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 02:00:14 PM »
Online and offline installers can be found in the first post here https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=237544.0