Author Topic: I have 10 device subscription, but when tried on second device it says expired.  (Read 1888 times)

Offline martinkh

I bought a 10 device subscription recently, then turned on my older laptop, signed in, then downloaded Cleanup on the WIN 7 machine. It found a ton of issues ((i got  multi machine specifically to save the old dog), but when I clicked "resolve" it said "expired". At the top of the diagnostic screen, it has the green banner for "Reactivate". What kind of crap is this? I hope your tech support isn't as useless as Microsoft, I need this fixed.

Offline martinkh

So it looks like the support model is to not support, wait for users to figure it out on their own if they have a free hour or two and are really pissed.
So you have to go to the avast website and create an account.
You cannot just log in online and email the link to the other PC, you have to log in to avast using the avast app, not the website. Then it makes you reboot, then you have to log into the avast app again, then reinstall from the app, then run.
Advise: create the account but do not distribute the link from there. load free avast on the other machine (I had that already) then log in to synch accounts, d/l from there. If you had an expired trial of cleanup (or whatever0 make sure you deselect that, it will be default selected). Then run.

Of course you also have to have 20:10 vision with no astigmatism to pass the verification test. The audio doesn't seem to work, I guess that would be another ignored email. I swear, let me have 5 minutes in a locked room with someone making these tech decisions, just 5 minutes.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well not knowing how or what contact you have tried it is hard to say.

Try this - Troubleshooting License Activation problems - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Troubleshoot-activation.

Or try - CONTACT US - https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new > use the I need help using a product option, and the attach file in new window to submit the file. > Technical support for a paid Avast product > Next > Select the product > Next > Fill in the Details for Email or Chat > Fill in the details and click either Chat or Submit Request.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Of course you also have to have 20:10 vision with no astigmatism to pass the verification test. The audio doesn't seem to work, I guess that would be another ignored email. I swear, let me have 5 minutes in a locked room with someone making these tech decisions, just 5 minutes.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0