Author Topic: deleting avast premium  (Read 2714 times)

Offline rayben1

deleting avast premium
« on: September 09, 2020, 03:30:25 PM »
I had a problem with avast premium so decided to uninstall it and reinstall but when I try to reinstall I get a message saying avast premium is still installed and to uninstall it.I have looked through every thing in the files folder and downloads but cannot see any trace of avast, tried the instruction from one of the members suggestion to go into terminal and type out his instructions but after doing so it came up with a line saying no directory exists. Can anyone help please.   

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: deleting avast premium
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:12:10 PM »
how did you uninstall the product? With product uninstaller?

Anyway - deleting of these folders should help. Run in Terminal.
sudo rm -rf /Library/Applicaiton\ Support/Avast    this will remove our configuration files and other data files
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avast               this will remove per-user configurations
reboot
Quality is also a feature.

Offline rayben1

Re: deleting avast premium
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »
I uninstalled by grabbing the download icon into the bin then running easy find to find anything left over which showed highlighted the bits that easy find showed and deleted them except it wouldn't delete all of them.see screenshot./Users/user/Desktop/Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 11.22.31.png.followed your instructions the first one seemed to work but the second set does not work, see screenshot./Users/user/Desktop/Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 11.07.25.png.there is something on the terminal screenshot that says something about updating the account to use zhs could this cause the problem.