Author Topic: Get rid of notifications informing us that avast is in silent mode.  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Jacob196

For some reason Avast doesn't like being in silent mode and has to constantly remind us of this. It's completely ridiculous to have a persistent notification about a setting I enable, let alone the fact it prevents you from every knowing if there is a real problem since the feature of having notifications is rendered moot. Now I know I'm not the only one who has this problem as others I know experience this issue and there have been past forum posts about this with nothing resolved. Maybe you guys don't care about this but it is an annoyance and inconvenience, that should be a really simple fix on your end.

I am attaching screenshots of the 3 places this notification shows up as well as my do not disturb settings (since that was somehow blamed in the other post I saw). Obviously I can disable silent mode and get rid of the notification but I don't ever want avast to minimize windows/apps/etc. or chime in/notify me intrusively of what's going on or updates or products to buy. I want a clean interface with a notification only if and when there was a problem like a program was quarantined.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Get rid of notifications informing us that avast is in silent mode.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:00:36 AM »
You can submit your feedback in "About Avast".
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jacob196

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 05:41:17 AM »
Thanks I'll do that as well.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 05:51:00 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0