Author Topic: Free Home Edition and Demo license?  (Read 4711 times)

Kurs24

Free Home Edition and Demo license?
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:10:44 PM »
Hi folks,
I just installed the "home edition" of avast! on my private notebook. Everything works fine except the fact that the program tells me on startup that it runs with a "time limited demo license" for about 60 days.
That makes me wonder because on the site they tell that the home edition is free.
What's wrong here?  ???

Pavel Baudis

Re:Free Home Edition and Demo license?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 11:17:14 PM »
Hi,

That makes me wonder because on the site they tell that the home edition is free.
What's wrong here?  ???

It is free - you will receive the free registration key after registration.

Pavel

Kurs24

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 10:10:36 AM »
Ooops, maybe I should have read the manual before posting too fast...
I'll register my copy to get the free registration key.

Thanks for your help,
  Kurs24

bossdog

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 11:18:29 AM »
I installed the Free Edition and Demo version also and everything workd fine except for the annoying popup screen in the lower right hand corner that says this

"  Information about current update:
Last encountered error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Total time: 2:41"  

Why is it necessary for me to endure 60 days of popup errors in order to try this program.  Is ther anything I can do or haven't done to correct this problem.  Help!!!

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 11:42:22 AM »
Why is it necessary for me to endure 60 days of popup errors in order to try this program.  Is ther anything I can do or haven't done to correct this problem.  Help!!!

There are no annoying windows in the trial version. This seems to be a technical problem with the connection to one of our update servers. Try to update manually or wait till the next update (the interval is set for every four hours).

Pavel

John-

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 12:43:37 PM »
The only popup I can think off are the blue ones with the message that your iAVS and/or program is updated,... there were some server issues a few days ago,...but these seem to be fixed  ;)