Author Topic: Orphaned Program Commands  (Read 1974 times)

Skier

Orphaned Program Commands
« on: October 03, 2006, 10:35:01 PM »
I have Avast Pro version 4.7.892 installed on a Windows x64 machine.  In the last few days I have had several problems with Avast.  I have tried repairs, uninstall/reinstall several times and still some problems persist.

1.  Whenever I select a command by right-clicking the System Tray icon the command remains orphaned on the desktop.  The current one that I'm sat looking at as I type this is 'Program Settings....'

2.  If I click the Avast icon on my desktop to open the program (enhanced view) then it's 50/50 as to whether the program opens or not.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Skier

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Orphaned Program Commands
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 12:57:13 AM »
Strange... do you have Kerio installed (I'm actually not sure if it works on x64)? Or any other firewall?

Skier

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 07:41:01 PM »
I don't have Kerio installed.  I am using the hardware Firewall built into my Netgear router and Windows Firewall.  I've justtried openeing Avast from the desktop icon and the Open command is displayed (and has been for 3 or 4 minutes now) but th eprogram fails to open.

It's getting to the stage that I may be forced to ditch Avast as it simply isn't worth risking infection as I have no confidence that the program is working correctly.  I'm out of ideas.

Regards

Skier

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 11:19:48 AM »
Do you use any "skinning" program... something allowing you to change the appearance of Windows (WindowBlinds, IconPackager, ...)?