Author Topic: Avast found a trojan and i put it in the virus chest  (Read 2451 times)

Offline cheater87

Avast found a trojan and i put it in the virus chest
« on: October 05, 2006, 05:53:50 AM »
Am i safe now from it? Im running a scan now just to be sure.
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Avast found a trojan and i put it in the virus chest
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »
How did the Trojan get on your system? Where did you find it?

Have you been downloading files from dubious websites (which can be apparently innocent sites for games or screensavers) or P2P networks? Is your OS/browser fully patched?
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline cheater87

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 01:23:34 PM »
it came up when prevx was updating
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:41:22 PM »
I think you may be right in thinking it could be a false positive, as you said in your other post.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline cheater87

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:46:46 PM »
so take it out of the chest? i am having second thoughts i put the trojan name into google and it took me to this site with a huge virus list

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:54:13 PM »
The trojan name is less important than the infected file name and its location, this helps us to better identify it and as you found lots of hits on google.

What was the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ?

If it came during prevx update it may possibly be detecting a virus signature file that isn't encrypted, that is also why the file name and location are important. Check the avast! Log Viewer, Warming section and this information should be recorded.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security