Author Topic: Avast business security cannot detect keylogging virusses  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Clemens12

Avast business security cannot detect keylogging virusses
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
LS,

Some two weeks ago I installed a new Windows server 2019 (updated it completely) and I used Windows defender for anti virus.

Yesterday I noticed that my keyboard was acting weird. Typing was slow (the appearing of the letters on screen), but a few hours later any application crashed immediately when I typed one character on my keyboard.

So I ran MS defender and it found some virusses that appear to be keyloggers:
- Trojan: Win32/Wacatac.D9!ml
- Trojan: Win32/Wacatac.D8!ml
- Trojan: Win32/Wacatac.DA!ml
- Trojan: Win32/Wacatac.D4!ml
- Trojan: Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl

When I tell Windows defender to remove these, than it is busy for something like 6 hours (scanning took 2 hours). And than it is supposed to have removed all of them, but when I reboot the computer and check, they are back.

So yesterday I installed the 30 day trial version of Avast Business security (even downloaded some extra virus signatures).
When I scan the entire computer it finds nothing. When I do a startup scan..... it finds nothing.

Windows defender still finds the virusses and my keyboard still lets any program crash as soon as I type one character (my guess is that multiple keyloggers are fighting over some resources). So the virus is really there.

Could you help me to remove these virusses.

If it is a success than I will buy the product as it was proven that Windows defender simply wasn't enough.

Kind regards,

Clemens Linders

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast business security cannot detect keylogging virusses
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:58:11 PM »
Windows defender still finds the virusses
they are not virus but Trojan as the name say   Trojan:Win32/Wacatac  / Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos

So yesterday I installed the 30 day trial version of Avast Business security
Why business security? .... it is not for home users

When I scan the entire computer it finds nothing.
It can be a Windows defender false positive? 

what file is detected?
what is the file location ... full file path
have you uploaded and tested detected file at  www.virustotal.com

You may also run a scan with Malwarebytes and let it remove what it find
You may install it as free version (only scanner no protection)  >>  https://www.malwarebytes.com/

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:02:34 PM by Pondus »

Offline Clemens12

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 10:16:39 PM »
It is running on Windows server, to my knowledge Avast home does not run on Windows server.

Perhaps you are technically correct that there is a difference between a virus and a Trojan. Nevertheless I think it is also a kind of virus and I definitely want it removed.
If Ms defender finds them and claims to be able to remove them, than I expect that a fine antivirus software company like Avast is also able to do this and do it better than Ms.

Ms defender lists the names of the Trojans it doesn't say which files.

If it was a false positive than typing one character would not crash that program in which I used the keyboard.

So yes something is definitely going on and I want it removed.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:36:47 PM »
It is running on Windows server, to my knowledge Avast home does not run on Windows server.
Aha   ;)

Perhaps you are technically correct that there is a difference between a virus and a Trojan.
Virus are self replicating and are rare, most malware now are trojans  >>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus