Author Topic: After update to Thunderbird 78.2.2 from 68.12 can't get emails  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Dennis46

After update to Thunderbird 78.2.2 from 68.12 can't get emails
« on: September 23, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »
Hello,

I'm using osMac Catalina 10.15.6 on an iMac 27in.  I use yahoo.com as my email provider.  I have Avast set up for all core modules to be active.  I'm using the free avast program.  I'm also using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email program for sending and receiving emails.  When I updated Thunderbird to version 78.2.2 from version 68.12, I could no longer download my incoming emails, but I could send emails.  I tried all the possible corrections that were suggested by Thunderbird, but none of them worked.  In order to get emails I had to set my security settings from SSL/TLS to None in Thunderbird to get my emails.  This morning I turn off Avast Email Core reset my Thunderbird security back to SSL/TLS and I was able to get my emails.  However, I'm now in a catch 22 as you can see.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis

Offline Dennis46

Re: After update to Thunderbird 78.2.2 from 68.12 can't get emails
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 04:13:21 PM »
I have an Update!!  Didn't have to turn entire Email Shield off just hand to uncheck "Scan Secure Connections".  Still NOT a very safe way to get my emails.  Any help greatly appreciated!

Dennis