Author Topic: Problem creating rescue disk 20.7.2425 (build 20.7.5568.597)  (Read 7431 times)

Offline paulbrennan

Problem creating rescue disk 20.7.2425 (build 20.7.5568.597)
« on: September 21, 2020, 01:17:48 AM »
Hi there,

I've not been able to create a rescue disk either as usb or iso.  I've tried disabling everything including shields and other potential conflicting programs.
The USB ends around 25% while the iso ends around 30% each time.

As per Rocksteady's suggestion, I've repaired the Avast system and tried again to no avail.  Not sure what else to do except a reinstall to try that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Paul.

Offline Martin Kudlicka

• Avast team
Re: Problem creating rescue disk 20.7.2425 (build 20.7.5568.597)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:13:34 AM »
Hello Paul,
can you please attach here log from our service - AvastSvc.log ? Or can you create support package and paste here ID? We will investigate this issue. Thank you.

Martin
Avast Support Tool - https://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle
Avast support - https://support.avast.com - submit a support ticket

Offline paulbrennan

Re: Problem creating rescue disk 20.7.2425 (build 20.7.5568.597)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »
Hi Martin,

This is very strange but my issue seems to have gone away.  Apologies for taking so long to reply, but I've been trying to replicate again.
I have 3 computers running Windows 10, 1 Pro, 2 Home.  When I first had the issue on my Pro machine, I tried on the other 2 straight away receiving the same result failing about 16% etc.  Then I saw in the forum about switching off the shields, this took the issue to 25%-30% respectively.  I received the same issue on the other machines.  I then tried the repair on my Pro machine only, as per RockSteady's request, of course rebooting after the repair.  Same issue of failing when rerunning.

After you posted, I tried again to generate a rescue disk on my Pro machine to get the logging details, and to my surprise it worked.  I tried the iso, that worked too.  Weird.
So I tried on the other 2 machines, they worked too.  Shields on, all potentially affecting programs running as well.

I checked my Windows update, no patches only a couple of updates of Windows Defender.

Do you want to close this off pending recurrence?

Kind regards
Paul.