Author Topic: Software Updater Vs Smart Scan Outdated Apps Option-Issue Resolved.  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Spiritual2016

Hello.

1a. When I go into Software Updater, it tells me if any of my apps are outdated and when I perform a Smart Scan, it also checks for outdated apps and tells me if any of my apps are outdated-Is it the same function that can be accessed two ways or are they different functions?

I ask the above question because Software Updater shows my apps as up to date while Smart Scan shows a few as being outdated.. Also, when I check for updates within each program, it shows it as up to date. As a result, the information is obviously inconsistent,

Am I missing something? :)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 01:56:07 AM by Spiritual2016 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Software Updater Vs Smart Scan Outdated Apps Option
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 09:26:27 AM »
Hello.

1a. When I go into Software Updater, it tells me if any of my apps are outdated and when I perform a Smart Scan, it also checks for outdated apps and tells me if any of my apps are outdated-Is it the same function that can be accessed two ways or are they different functions?

I ask the above question because Software Updater shows my apps as up to date while Smart Scan shows a few as being outdated.. Also, when I check for updates within each program, it shows it as up to date. As a result, the information is obviously inconsistent,

Am I missing something? :)

Hi,

They are using different engines.
Could you please provide me with a support file id.

To generate the support file, please see this link.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file

Offline Spiritual2016

Re: Software Updater Vs Smart Scan Outdated Apps Option
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 01:55:36 AM »
Issue Resolved.