Author Topic: Avast keeps kicking me out of games to my deskt to tell me "My PC is Protected".  (Read 3338 times)

Offline contrabardus

Windows 10 Home, all HW drivers are updated. I'm on paid Avast, not the free version.

I have checked and my key is active for my paid service, so it's not popups from the free service, or at least it shouldn't be.

I keep getting kicked out of games to my desktop by this irritating pop up that seems to prioritize itself and demand to be "on top" which instantly puts me on my desktop every time it shows up, which has been several times a day over the past couple of days.

If it was Avast somehow doing its job and telling me that it has found something that needs to be dealt with, I'd understand, but that isn't what is happening. There are no warnings or detected files, it's not doing anything useful or important when it is interrupting me.

Certainly nothing important enough to eject me from the middle of gameplay to my desktop.

If I turn on Silent Mode, I get the same pop up ejecting me from games to my desktop, only instead it says "Silent Mode is Turned On".

Silent mode is currently on and isn't doing its job.

Do Not Disturb is also active, and also not doing its job.

It's gotten me killed several times in the last couple of days playing games and needs to stop.

The PC has been restarted multiple times since this started happening so it isn't something a restart will fix, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Avast already to try and fix it.

It's not detecting anything wrong, and I'm playing single player games from the 90s, so it's not an online element triggering Avast. No other windows or browsers are open.

It's basically a useless pop up that seems to be just trying to sell me an upgraded service and VPN, which is the best way to prevent me from ever buying a VPN or upgraded service from Avast.

This is disruptive to the use of my PC to the point that if it doesn't stop basically immediately it is going to prevent me from renewing Avast and make me move on to another service.

How do I stop this from happening?

Offline EB64

Hitting a lot of people over the past day or so.
Seems that the program opens the window every time it updates virus definition.
Try just leaving the window open in the background. That at least seems to stop it from taking over your screen like it does.

They are aware of the issue, so hopefully they'll push out a solution soon.

Out of curiosity, what program version are you using?
I'm currently on: 20.7.2425 build 20.7.5568.598

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I don't know if this post might help ?
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=238251.msg1562016#msg1562016

I don't know if this might be a Notification related popup.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline docdra

Even with silent mode enabled and all notifications/pop-ups disabled, it keeps opening and interrupting things.  I'll try just leaving it open, but that isn't ideal either.

Offline contrabardus

Try just leaving the window open in the background. That at least seems to stop it from taking over your screen like it does.

This seems to have worked so far and I'm guessing that's what the issue is.

Thanks for posting the workaround.

Offline ghosty45

Thank you, will give it a try, but it is really annoying that we have to do this sort of thing to be able to use our computers without interruptions..

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Dev-Info: Hi there, thank you for the reports, our developers are looking into this. We will keep you posted. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster