Author Topic: update launch  (Read 3534 times)

bassbag

update launch
« on: January 21, 2004, 09:45:55 PM »
Is it possible to alter the time after connection to net (im on dial up) that avast auto update kicks in? i.e could i delay it to say update 3 minutes after connection?.Or is there a command line that i can use to auto update?(so that i can use a third party uopdate launcher).The reason i ask is that i use net launch to launch certain programme auto updates in a set order and at a set time.Being on 56k dial up i dont want every app trying to update at the same time.
tia
me

Culpeper

Re:update launch
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 04:28:15 AM »
I believe you can't alter the auto update functions.  It is either on or off in the settings.  

I believe avast auto update starts 20 seconds after complete windows start up and every four hours after that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 04:29:46 AM by Culpeper »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 05:03:35 AM »
I think Culpeper is right: on or off. But you can set your third party updater for lauching the avast! iAVS4 Control Service:

C:\...\Avast\aswUpdSv.exe

You must disable the automatic starting of this Service (Administrative Tools > Service > avast! iAVS4 Control Service > 'manual'). This way you will be able to set the delay after the connection is established for the updating.

If I'm wrong, it will be a value for configurating this here.  8)
The best things in life are free.

bassbag

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 05:45:44 PM »
Mm..Ive set to manually update but clicking aswUpdSv.exe in the avast folder just gives me an illegal operation error (ASWUPDSV caused an invalid page fault in module ASWCMNB.DLL at 0167:64085F20 etc,etc).So it doesnt seem to work ,Is there some extra command to initiate the update?.I know AVG uses avginet.exe with the extra  " /sched " command to initiate an update.Is there similar for avast?
tia
me