Author Topic: Fix for those who cannot uninstall using Avast Uinstaller - CPU issue (Windows)  (Read 4291 times)

Offline proxify

Reference thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=238466.0

Since AVG recently automatically updated it was high CPU and making my laptop unusable.

I had tried to uninstall the usual way, tried to start in safe mode and use the Avast uninstall program, update etc, nothing was working.

How to uninstall (windows 10)
I had redownloaded the avast uninstall Utility - https://www.avast.com/en-gb/uninstall-utility
Reboot in safe mode
Right click and troubleshoot compatability
Test software / run in windows 8.
This should let the tool work.
Avast Free  8)

Hopefully helps for some of you that are also experiencing the same issue as I was, frustrating.

Offline wratho_g

Exact same issue as proxify and this worked for me as well.

Thank you, man! You're better at providing a quick fix than the guys that screwed it up in the first place!

Offline proxify

You're welcome and most definitely.. shouldn't take this long to have a fix for such a serious issue.

Offline strakl

Thanks for actually fixing the issue.
But look, all people make mistakes. I think it's pointless to now throw stupid comments at the person that actually broke the thing, but i get your frustration though.

Offline proxify

Thanks for actually fixing the issue.
But look, all people make mistakes. I think it's pointless to now throw stupid comments at the person that actually broke the thing, but i get your frustration though.

I don't think no one is throwing any stupid comments personally, People will be frustrated if software isn't working correctly however if something as serious as this happens should rollback to the previous version until fixed.

Regardless I posted the fix to help solve issues for both Avast as a company and us community members who are frustrated and hope it helps.

@Avast feel free to reward me with a premium subscription  ;D

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
@Avast feel free to reward me with a premium subscription  ;D
Nice try. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Odin123

This worked. Thank you so much you just saved my day  :)

Offline proxify

You're welcome bro.

Offline Romierome

Thank you sooo much bro, you are the man!

Offline strakl

@proxify, nice try to get a premium subscribtion. But well, that's not enough to make it that far.