Author Topic: Cyber attack  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Bert48

Cyber attack
« on: October 02, 2020, 09:04:57 PM »
Hi,

I upgraded to Premium Security because, since mid August, someone is, on a regular basis, trying to take over control of my PC. My cursor moves to Start Menu, immediately opening command center and starting to write commands. I always overrule and restart.

Now, these attacks still occur, so, obviously Premium Security fails to offer me security. I now wonder why I paid for the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Offline MrDJ

Re: Cyber attack
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:33:51 PM »
scary.
have you let anyone connect remotely to fix something for you in the past and could of left a back door to get back in without your permission.
my suggestion or what i would immediately do is a pita but do a complete clean reinstall of windows. sadly if youve not made backups on external drive then you would lose everything and start afresh which will get rid of any nasties on your computer.
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline Bert48

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 07:59:27 AM »
Thanks for responding.

The only person working with this device is me.

Strangely, the firewall log did not detect any activity the last 5 days, that's why I think Avast Security simply does not offer sufficient protection.

I've changed all my passwords, if that does not help, unfortunately the only thing left is indeed reinstalling Windows. 

Offline strakl

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 10:01:48 AM »
Well, you actually haven't explained what happened before this issues started, so there is no need to blame avast for it.