Author Topic: Content of Secure Notes not appearing on 'Notes Details' screen  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Aaron257

Content of Secure Notes not appearing on 'Notes Details' screen
« on: October 05, 2020, 10:57:57 PM »
For a couple months now I have experienced an issue upon opening Avast > Privacy > Passwords with my master password. When I click on Secure Notes and then click an entry, the 'Title' and 'Note' fields appear blank and only appear after I click on a *login*, go back to Secure Notes, and choose the entry again.

This didn't used to happen, and I have updated to the latest version of Avast Premium Security (ver 20.8.2429 - build 20.8.5653.561).

It is small things like these that detract from an otherwise great security suite.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Content of Secure Notes not appearing on 'Notes Details' screen
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
For a couple months now I have experienced an issue upon opening Avast > Privacy > Passwords with my master password. When I click on Secure Notes and then click an entry, the 'Title' and 'Note' fields appear blank and only appear after I click on a *login*, go back to Secure Notes, and choose the entry again.

This didn't used to happen, and I have updated to the latest version of Avast Premium Security (ver 20.8.2429 - build 20.8.5653.561).

It is small things like these that detract from an otherwise great security suite.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

I take it this happens to existing, old entries. Could you create a new entry and see if you experience the same issue, please?
Do you have Auto-lock enabled and if so which option do you have enabled?

Perhaps uninstalling and re-installing the Avast Passwords component might resolve this issue.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Avast Premium Security on your PC > Menu > Settings > General > Troubleshooting > ADD / MODIFY COMPONENTS > untick "Passwords (old)"
2. Restart Windows (might need to do it twice) and make sure that Passwords are no longer installed under the Privacy tab
3. Repeat step number 1 and this time select "Passwords (old) to reinstall it.
4. Restart Windows

Offline Aaron257

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
I performed steps 1 through 4 above and still experience the issue.

It happens even with a newly created Secure Note as well.

I have auto-lock turned on with all three options checked. ( Lock Avast Passwords after closing the app, Lock Avast Passwords after 1 hour, and Lock Avast Passwords after closing your web browser)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »
I performed steps 1 through 4 above and still experience the issue.

It happens even with a newly created Secure Note as well.

I have auto-lock turned on with all three options checked. ( Lock Avast Passwords after closing the app, Lock Avast Passwords after 1 hour, and Lock Avast Passwords after closing your web browser)

Hi,

It seems to be caused by closing Avast Premium Security whilst Passwords is locked. If it is closed whilst Passwords is unlocked, then one can edit and create new entries.
Could you please provide us with a support file id (and post it here)?
To generate the support file, please see this link.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file

Offline Aaron257

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 12:39:56 AM »
It seems the issue has resolved itself. I submitted a bug report to Avast via 'Menu > About > Submit Feedback'. If it crops up again I will have to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for the help though.