Author Topic: How do I upgrade from single-device to multi-device subscription?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline silentjim

I have two PCs in my household, both with Avast Premium Security self-renewing subscriptions.  One is set to renew itself at the end of October, meaning I will soon be charged for another year subscription.  The other will expire in January.

I would like to end the automatic renewals on both subscriptions, and cover both PCs under one "multi-device" subscription before I am charged for my next renewal in October.

How do I go about doing this?  Do I first end the automatic renewal, and then purchase a whole new "multi-device" subscription?  Can I upgrade an existing subscription to "multi-device"?

I emailed tech support, but they did not provide clear instructions.  They just told me to end the automatic renewal.  I tried calling tech support, but got disconnected.  I have an idea of what I want to try, but I am just looking for some advice.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: How do I upgrade from single-device to multi-device subscription?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
I have two PCs in my household, both with Avast Premium Security self-renewing subscriptions.  One is set to renew itself at the end of October, meaning I will soon be charged for another year subscription.  The other will expire in January.

I would like to end the automatic renewals on both subscriptions, and cover both PCs under one "multi-device" subscription before I am charged for my next renewal in October.

How do I go about doing this?  Do I first end the automatic renewal, and then purchase a whole new "multi-device" subscription?  Can I upgrade an existing subscription to "multi-device"?

I emailed tech support, but they did not provide clear instructions.  They just told me to end the automatic renewal.  I tried calling tech support, but got disconnected.  I have an idea of what I want to try, but I am just looking for some advice.

Hi,

It is currently not possible to upgrade an existing subscription to "multi-device".
Could you please PM me the email addresses used for the existing subscriptions, and I will advise?

Offline silentjim

Re: How do I upgrade from single-device to multi-device subscription?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 12:36:48 AM »
Well, the other day a little window popped up in the corner of the screen asking me if I wanted to upgrade to a multi-device subscription.  It looks like they have added this feature now. 

I cancelled the automatic renewals and used the new activation code on my other PC as well as a new laptop.  Everything is working fine. 

Thank you for your help, and for adding the ability to upgrade.