Author Topic: Password Protect option problem: No prompt  (Read 1239 times)

Offline darvin76

Password Protect option problem: No prompt
« on: October 06, 2020, 11:01:20 PM »
Hi, recently I went thru the options (big f-ing mistake) and enabled the password protection of the user interface..
I enabled it, it worked fine until I restarted my computer after a few days.. Now when I try to open the interface, well, it opens but I cant do anything..
When I click Status, Protection, Privacy Performance or Notifications, nothing happens, the middle screen of the interface is just blank..
It was supposed to ask me for my password but it doesnt and the only things I can click is Go Premium (ofc this works -_-), Mobile, and Menu..
Nothing I click in interface or in the menu, including Options, prompts me to enter my password so I am basically locked out of the user interface for good..

Feel free to redirect me or move this topic if it exists already I had no luck finding anything similar.. Thanks in advance

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Password Protect option problem: No prompt
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »

You can try the information in this FAQ article https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Remove-Antivirus-password/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline darvin76

Re: Password Protect option problem: No prompt
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 11:49:06 PM »
Alright so funnily enough it somehow resolved itself, I just downloaded the installer again and told it to install avast over the original install location.. I am pretty sure the software version wasnt updated, so basically it installed the same stuff over it.. When I restarted the PC it finally threw a password prompt so I removed that crap immediatelly.. Idk my guess is that the password prompt implementation is terrible, like it even turned my monitor off for like 2 second for some stupid reason.. Anyway I am sure as hell I am not going to use that bs anymore, hope this helps someone else who might encounter this issue