Author Topic: Avast browser extensions that automatically were installed  (Read 2079 times)

Offline commonpcuser

Avast browser extensions that automatically were installed
« on: October 08, 2020, 06:34:00 PM »
I had Avast Free Antivirus installed on computer and it automatically installed a few extensions in my browser but I didn't really mind them but then I decided to uninstall antivirus and I thought I completely removed it from my pc until I decided to reinstall Google Chrome and both Avast Online Security and Avast SafePrice extensions were added automatically. Why are they present still on my computer and how can I delete them from computer so they never come back (when I removed them from browser I decided to reinstall it again to check if they're gone but extensions were again added automatically.

Offline strakl

Re: Avast browser extensions that automatically were installed
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »
Hi there!
Just go to whatever browser that you are using and go to extensions, right click the avast's extensions and click remove, at least that is how it works for me in chrome.

Offline commonpcuser

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 06:39:28 PM »
As I mentioned when I removed them I decided to check if they're really are gone from my pc and reinstall browser once again and extensions were added again.

Offline Tangy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 02:48:52 AM »
Do a Custom Install
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Install-Free-Antivirus/
Also  click menu on UI and then browser extensions and untick Google chrome extensions
Another thing you can do is :
Add or remove components

Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings.
    Select General ▸ Troubleshooting ▸ Add / Modify Components.
    Tick the box next to the components you want to install, or untick the box next to the components you want to uninstall. ...
    Click Yes to confirm the change.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 03:24:34 AM by Tangy »
OS:Win xpsp3 pro, CPU:2.8 GHz, Ram:4 Gb HD:500 Gb,Avastfree18.8.22356,OSArmor,Basilisk+NewMoon(Roytam1),ublockorigin,Adguard, SystemExplorer, MCShield, MBAM on demand, FW:PC Tools Plus ,WinPat,Decentraleyes,privacy badger,minerblock.
OS : Windows 7 pro 64bits Avast free Malwarebytes antiexploit