Author Topic: A few little Avast questions....  (Read 1781 times)

Stephen M. Smith

A few little Avast questions....
« on: September 30, 2006, 10:35:13 AM »
I am trying Avast for the first time and just have a few quick questions:

1) I planted a virus as a test and Avast worked great, but notice this issue: Avast stops completely upon finding a virus and can not continue w/o user interaction.  Can this behavior be changed?  ie. I want to do manual thorough scan (a couple hours at least...) overnight, so I don't Avast to stop if it finds anything.  I want to configure it to always move to the chest.  Is this possible?

2) How can you change the scan type (quick, standard, thorough) from within the Enhanced User Interface?  As far as I can tell, this option can only be set from the simple interface.

3) Can the splash screen be disabled?

4) Shouldn't the app remember the last scan type b/t manual sessions?  ie. do I really need to select Local Hard Drives (simple interface) or the Scan: Local Disks

Thanks,
Steve

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: A few little Avast questions....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
1. That is a limitation of the home (free) program, the Pro version doesn't have this restriction and has a much more configurable list of options. Whilst this is a bit of a pain the first time you might run it if you have malware in your system, after a short time, once cleaned those restrictions are less of an issue as the resident scanners catch new infections. So you shouldn't be troubled by the interactive requirement of the home (free) version, the programmers have to eat ;D

2. The Enhanced User Interface is only available for the Pro version and where those once additional configurations live.

3. Which splash screen, when does it appear ?

4. It does remember the sensitivity and if archives are to be scanned but, because there are multiple options, Local disk, Folder Selection or Removable media, that isn't saved. So all you need do is click the local disks and the start button, assuming you don't want to change the sensitivity or archive settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security