Author Topic: bought and own avast premium security, but don't want to do every thing it wants  (Read 1021 times)

Offline martypdji

I'm scanning my computer using avast premium security, and it lists a bunch of stuff for removing system junk, and also a bunch of programs slowing my PC. I know there is a couple items in the system junk that I want to keep and I don't want it to delete.

There is also a program listed in the "programs slowing my PC" that I use all the time and I definitely don't want to delete this.

Is there a way to selectively choose only certain items found in the scan and only take care of those items, but not take care of everything it finds?

Offline strakl

I think yes, but don't quote me on that, i never needed it, besides, just skip that step for performance issues, it won't do any change really, trust me.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi, that's basically an ad for Avast Cleanup... ;)

You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0