Author Topic: "unknown error message" "Application cannot load skin  (Read 4216 times)

cats_rule

"unknown error message" "Application cannot load skin
« on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »
i get the error
"unknown error message", "Application cannot load skin. Function usiGetSkin Failed".

and ive followed the instructions located at http://www.avast.com/eng/i_have_installed_ava.html
but i get the error
"loadlibrary("ACTSKIN4.OCX") Failed - the specified module could not be found

so what do i need to try now ???

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: "unknown error message" "Application cannot load skin
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:38:49 PM »
For some reason, ActiveSkin (the 3rd party library avast uses for skinning) does not seem to be working on your system. As a workaround, we may disable skinning in avast - that should solve the problem. Program Settings, Common, and uncheck any option with skins mentioned (see image, avast-no-skin).

If you are unable to access the above you can do this manually. To do that, open the file <avast>\data\avast4.ini, look up the [UserInterface] section, and add the following entry: StartWithSkin=0

Before you do that try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security