Author Topic: Unable to choose location when using SecureLine VPN  (Read 6549 times)

Offline shaun anthony

Unable to choose location when using SecureLine VPN
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:25:16 AM »
I updated my Avast app recently and when I started using my VPN secureline, it will not let me choose specific location.

Any info on this please? I appreciated the help.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Unable to choose location when using SecureLine VPN
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 02:29:30 PM »
I updated my Avast app recently and when I started using my VPN secureline, it will not let me choose specific location.

Any info on this please? I appreciated the help.

Hi,

Perhaps it needs a restart of your device.
Could you also let us know what happens after selecting "CHANGE"?
Do you receive any error messages?
Please include a screenshot.
Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot (if need be). https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

Offline ctgkme

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »
Hi, I have the same issue. There is no option to choose a location on my laptop or PC. It automatically chooses my city and cuntry. It works well on my Android device. Thanks for the help

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 12:16:25 PM »
Hi, I have the same issue. There is no option to choose a location on my laptop or PC. It automatically chooses my city and cuntry. It works well on my Android device. Thanks for the help

Hi,

Which version do you have? With the latest version, we have a feature called Smart VPN.
It might be that you have this enabled.
Please open Avast SecureLine VPN, then go to Menu > Settings > VPN MODE > and select (click on) MANUAL.

If this does not resolve the issue, then please reply with a screenshot.

Offline ctgkme

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 06:39:09 AM »
Thanks for the HELP working now

Offline ctgkme

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 06:58:04 AM »
Cannot watch BBC tried the 3 virtual IPs

BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. In the UK? Here's some advice.

There are several reasons why BBC iPlayer thinks you're outside the UK; the most common are either:

Your IP address, which is the address websites use to determine where in the world you are, isn't registered in the UK
You're using a VPN (Virtual Private Network), proxy, or similar service which masks your IP address

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 03:40:48 PM »
Cannot watch BBC tried the 3 virtual IPs

BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. In the UK? Here's some advice.

There are several reasons why BBC iPlayer thinks you're outside the UK; the most common are either:

Your IP address, which is the address websites use to determine where in the world you are, isn't registered in the UK
You're using a VPN (Virtual Private Network), proxy, or similar service which masks your IP address

Hi,

Please clear your browser's cache and make sure to connect to Wonderland, UK (it is optimized for streaming).

Offline ctgkme

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 08:25:43 AM »
I cleared my browser cache on Avast Secure browser, MS Edge and Google Chrome and connected to Wonderland, UK and am still blocked. It's a good thing I am on trial and did not waste money buying it.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 05:16:00 PM »
I cleared my browser cache on Avast Secure browser, MS Edge and Google Chrome and connected to Wonderland, UK and am still blocked. It's a good thing I am on trial and did not waste money buying it.

Hi,

Since you have Avast Premium Security, please disable Real Site in Avast whilst connected to Wonderland and streaming.

Step1. Disable Real Site - Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/193/
Step2. Clear browser cache.
Step3. Connect to Wonderland
Step4. Open the browser and try to connect.

Offline gilles.hugenschmitt

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 03:33:19 PM »
Bon j"ai trouvé la réponse: Faut désactiver le mode Smart du VPN. A l"avenir j'espère qu Avast feraun Smart VPN "démocratique"...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 03:46:32 PM »
Bon j"ai trouvé la réponse: Faut désactiver le mode Smart du VPN. A l"avenir j'espère qu Avast feraun Smart VPN "démocratique"...
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> Non-English Zone: https://forum.avast.com/index.php#c7
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline LilianaD.Grecu

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »
Hello! I'm from România, but my country does not appear in the options. The sistem sees me in Istanbul! What I do?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 05:16:35 PM »
Hello! I'm from România, but my country does not appear in the options. The sistem sees me in Istanbul! What I do?

Hi,

We do not have a VPN location for every country. Could you please clarify which system you are referring to? Perhaps you can attach a screenshot.
Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot (if need be). https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot
You might also find this article useful https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/SecureLine-VPN-FAQ/