Author Topic: How can I get an answer from Avast about a query on an email from them  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Jacqueline19

I have an account with Avast, my husband does not. He has received an email from Avast, addressed to him, telling him that a subscription for an Avast product is about to renew.  In the past, we have emailed to Avast with queries and they have responded helpfully. Now, they no longer accept emails with queries, and if your particular query does not match any of the FAQs on their website support page, and this does not, what are you supposed to do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How can I get an answer from Avast about a query on an email from them
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »
1.  When you got your subscription did you happen to use a credit card in his name/details, etc. ?

2.  The notification 'that a subscription for an Avast product is about to renew' lets you know there is a charge about to be made.  So his email must be there somewhere.  Which could be as a result of 1. above.

3.  Avast use a support ticket system now (and have doe for some considerable time now.

https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new > use the I need help using a paid product option, etc.  if this a product related question.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Jacqueline19

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 12:15:17 PM »
Many thanks. It was so long ago I don't know which credit card was used but that would explain why their emails are always addressed to him.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 01:27:27 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security