Author Topic: Avast VPN corrupted files  (Read 2358 times)

Offline trying to figure it out

Avast VPN corrupted files
« on: October 17, 2020, 03:23:49 AM »
I also don't like the VPN - I had it at one time and some websites didn't work with it - after a few years and many ads I decided to try it again and I ended up with a virus on my computer - My trusted computer guys said there were a lot of corrupted files linked to the VPN download. My whole hard drive needed to be wiped and I'm still working at getting my computer back to setup for my use!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast VPN corrupted files
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »
I also don't like the VPN - I had it at one time and some websites didn't work with it - after a few years and many ads I decided to try it again and I ended up with a virus on my computer - My trusted computer guys said there were a lot of corrupted files linked to the VPN download. My whole hard drive needed to be wiped and I'm still working at getting my computer back to setup for my use!

Hi,

Could you please clarify what exactly was indicating the virus and did it happened right after the installation?
Do you have some details from your trusted computer guys about the corrupted files linked to the VPN download, by any chance?