Author Topic: adding to the allowed programs list  (Read 847 times)

Offline Philip217

• Phil
adding to the allowed programs list
« on: October 25, 2020, 01:48:10 AM »
Hello

When i try to add another folder to my allow list avast just exits and will not allow me to do anything. It comes up with the screen that says + block and + allow app click allow app and shuts down I need to exclude 5 or 6 folders under one directory so when i compile some code it does not check for a virus ..

Philip
Philip King
prking62@gmail.com

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: adding to the allowed programs list
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:01:48 AM »
Adding a folder to the Exceptions list, as far as I'm aware still excludes the sub-folders when using the wildcard at the end \*.

See attached image, these were added by me some time ago and have carried over on program updates, but the process should be the same.

I don't know if trying to add sub-folders might be ignored if as I mentioned excluding a folder includes sub-folder, but you may need to use the wildcard \* to the upper level Exception list.

An image of what you are seeing might help us understand the issue you are facing.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security