Author Topic: Avast conflicts with "Keepsolid SmartDns"  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Debtik

Avast conflicts with "Keepsolid SmartDns"
« on: October 25, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »
Sir,
I have "Keepsolid Smart Dns" subscription to watch any streaming platform by just changing the DNS on my pc. It does not work when the avast protection is on hence I have to switch off its protection so that the SmartDNS software could invoke its DNS SERVERS on my pc. This problem has been the same ever since i have started using this smartdns software by Keepsolid. I do not know which avast feature conflicts with that software hence I request you to please help me with the same. I have a paid version of Avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast conflicts with "Keepsolid SmartDns"
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »
Disable Avast Real Site and reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Debtik

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »
yes i try to do that but now AVAST has become whole RED in taskbar and as well as on its menu. so how to remove that Red warning permanently (warning to enable real site) ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 07:07:14 PM »
You can select to ignore it (via 3 dots).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »
yes i try to do that but now AVAST has become whole RED in taskbar and as well as on its menu. so how to remove that Red warning permanently (warning to enable real site) ?

If you go to Menu>Settings>Troubleshooting and Click 'Add/Modify Components then "Uncheck" Real Site from Left Column and reboot that should resolve your issue.

Offline Debtik

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 07:11:25 PM »
Thankyou sir for the reply. since the Reali site is a paid feature. is not there any way around for the SmartDns software to work, as "Real Site" is one of the most important features of avast? and needs not to be disabled?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 07:24:14 PM »
You're welcome. (I never used Keepsolid Smart Dns, so I can't comment on it.)

Offline Debtik

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 07:28:07 PM »
okay sir. so Real site was responsible for it. Any way possible for a way around as there are many DNS / proxy suppliers on the market. it would be great if the "Real site" feature goes hand to hand with software of DNS changers .

Thankyou

Offline Debtik

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 07:28:53 PM »

If you go to Menu>Settings>Troubleshooting and Click 'Add/Modify Components then "Uncheck" Real Site from Left Column and reboot that should resolve your issue.

Thankyou for the info .