Author Topic: Avast charged my credit card from auto renewal that I didnt know was on 2 times  (Read 3839 times)

Offline WhoRpk

So recently I decided to check my credit card limit and remaining money after a long time and I noticed that dri*avast and digital river charged me separetely same amount(I included a screenshot of my credit card charging history Its 16 september 2020). I got shocked I didnt know what was going on and when I checked my email I noticed that auto renewal feature is a thing and my avast premium was renewed now I want to get all my money back since It hasnt been 30 days and I havent even activated it please help me with this. my orders number is 41993076008
Btw I requested a refund recently and avast sent me an email today It says that they cancelled auto renewal feature but no indication of refund and also no refund I featured the email in attachments.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 01:45:43 PM by WhoRpk »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Be patient, a refund can take up to 10 business days. Note, don't submit multiple tickets (FIFO).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline WhoRpk

Bro have you checked the email they sent and what about the double charge

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
He can't check it he is an avast user just like you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline WhoRpk

Check attachments dude I included a screenshot of the email

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Check attachments dude I included a screenshot of the email

Well dude, even with your screenshot, there is nothing he (or I) can do as Avast users.

There is nothing in the screenshot indicating when you received this, the information that the Auto Renewal of your subscription has been cancelled.  There is nothing there about a refund request.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
So recently I decided to check my credit card limit and remaining money after a long time and I noticed that dri*avast and digital river charged me separetely same amount(I included a screenshot of my credit card charging history Its 16 september 2020). I got shocked I didnt know what was going on and when I checked my email I noticed that auto renewal feature is a thing and my avast premium was renewed now I want to get all my money back since It hasnt been 30 days and I havent even activated it please help me with this. my orders number is 41993076008
Btw I requested a refund recently and avast sent me an email today It says that they cancelled auto renewal feature but no indication of refund and also no refund I featured the email in attachments.

Hi,

You placed an order for Avast Premium Security on 10/31/19.
On 9/16/20 an email was sent to you to remind you that Avast will automatically renew your Avast Premium Security 1 Year Subscription on October 16, 2020.
However, on 10/16/20 and 10/22/20 the attempts to renew was unsuccessful and an email was sent on both occasions to inform you thereof.
On 10/23/20 you sent Avast an email requesting a refund.
The auto-renewal never took place.
Your current license for Avast Premium Security 1 Year Subscription will expire 10/31/2020 (there is no auto-renewal)
I would suggest that you contact your bank to clarify the transactions on your bank statement.