Author Topic: NO ACTIVATION CODE ISSUED - NUMEROUS ISSUES WITH ORDER - NOT HAPPY, JAN  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Crowley3

I recently purchased an Avast Premium subscription.  I received the initial confirmation email ... and then waited for further advice that my product was ready to download, or similar.  Nothing.  A day later I thought I would check what was happening.  I clicked on the "check order progress" link provided in the email and proceeded to enter my email to unlock the payment area to ensure the payment had been received.  Enter password.  What password?  The password sent with the order confirmation.  There was no password sent!

I thought, I'll reset my password.  Clicked on the "forgot password" link.  Reset my password (must contain one upper, one lower, one special character).  All good.  Went to enter the password again into the relevant entry point.  Uh-uh.  Password must only contain upper and lower case characters.  WTF. 

I then attempted to go through Digital River, who apparently was administering the transaction.  Two options, enter email and last four digits of credit card OR enter order number and password.  Naturally, I chose the email option because of the issues with the password that would be needed. 

After entering the email address and four digits - message reads - that ORDER NUMBER is not found.  WTF!!

I eventually get to my invoice where there is another link I can click on.  Yay.  Response - invalid activation code - well, there is none, and I have not been provided with one as yet. WTF!!!

And now when I'm trying to find someone to actually email on the AVAST site, or a chat window, nothing.  I repeatedly get sent to FAQ question screens  which does not help.  PLEASE AVAST READ THIS MESSAGE AND OFFER YOUR CUSTOMER SOME MEANINGFUL ASSISTANCE.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: NO ACTIVATION CODE ISSUED - NUMEROUS ISSUES WITH ORDER - NOT HAPPY, JAN
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 02:52:44 AM »
Have you used the support ticket system ?

Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.

You will be asked for an Order ID and you may not have that, enter 0000000 as the ID, that should let you through that hurdle.  Now enter as much information as you can to help them identify your order.  Use the same email address that you did for your order (assuming you didn't make a typo) and you should get a response with the support ticket ID number (make a note of that, or keep the email notification).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Crowley3

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 03:42:58 AM »
You are a legend!  Had you not sent me the link I would never have found it!  Thank you.  Now to wait for their response.

Thank you!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 12:29:41 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security