Author Topic: Archive is corrupted  (Read 8484 times)

dhopkins8181

Archive is corrupted
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »
We are using Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, AnomySanitizer, Spamassassin, and Avastfilter on RedHat Ent. Linux 4. Everything was working fine until our trial license ran out. We have purchased a 3 year license and I've installed the License.dat file in the correct location, but we still receive the following error:
avastfilter [12345]: message scan failed (avast! server: Archive is corrupted)
I have restarted all services involved, and updated the 400.vps file.  Additionally, every now and then I will receive a "mail is clean" message in the log, but there is no pattern - it is random. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and mostly your time, David.

Culpeper

Re: Archive is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:29:22 AM »
Report this directly to Avast Support rather than this forum.  You'll get quicker help and it is what you pay for.

dhopkins8181

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:49:24 PM »
Same message sent to Avast Support...no reply.  Other suggestions?  Thanks for your time, Dave.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 01:30:26 AM »
Please Alwil team, don't let the user in this situation :'( :-\ :'(
The best things in life are free.

Dublin

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:24:06 PM »
Hi Dave,
the problem is probably somewhere in libavastengine-4.so.6.0.6 file, but we could't find it. So If it occures again, please upgrade the library to version libavastengine-4.so.7.0.0

here's the package with the latest (test) version of the library
http://lion.asw.cz/~mensik/libavastengine-4.7.0-i586.tar.gz

PS: we plan to officially release both libavastengine and avast4server packages during some days

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »
PS: we plan to officially release both libavastengine and avast4server packages during some days
Thanks Dublin, but I think the license file you've sent to us has already expired. I'm not sure but we need more time to test avast4server...  ::)

dhopkins8181

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:03 PM »
Just wanted to follow up and say thanks again for your time.  Here is what I've discovered:
If I shut all services down - Postfix, Spamassassin, and Avastd, then restart in this order:

service avastd start
service spamassassin start
service postfix start

all is well!  Filter works like a charm and the "Archive is corrupted" error is no more.  Thanks again!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 03:22:58 AM »
Thanks Dublin, but I think the license file you've sent to us has already expired. I'm not sure but we need more time to test avast4server...  ::)
Dublin? Uh Uh...  ::)