Author Topic: I can't open any websites since I installed avast anti-track premium on 10/27/20  (Read 5619 times)

Offline kward073

Help!

I have been adding exceptions like crazy to allow websites but half the time that doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Offline tomellisphoto

I am having the same problem.  A website that I have used for years now is being blocked, and even after adding it to the exceptions list Avast refuses to give me access.

If anyone has an answer to this please post ASAP.  I'm going to delete Avast if it no longer works properly.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The fact that some site you have been using for years, doesn't mean that it can't get hacked, infected.

Since neither of you give the site/s (though kward073 appears to have a more difficult issue with multiple sites), it is hard to say why it is being alerted on.  How are avast to know about it.

When posting a site being blocked in the forum only post the domain name not the full URL http, etc. as a live link and avoid accidental exposure to suspect sites, thanks.

You can/should use the  - Reporting Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php link.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline tomellisphoto

Thanks David.  The website is fmovies.to, I have no way how to tell if it has suddenly become malicious, though I used it just a few days ago with no issues.

But the bigger issue is that the Avast controls are not working.  I have tried listing the site as an exception, and even disabling the Web Shield entirely, and Avast still refuses me access.

As I listed on a post I started soon after replying to this one, I have been trying to uninstall Avast and am having zero success.  It would seem that perhaps there are some serious bugs in the latest update?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Can you post a screenshot of the alert/message blocking your access ?

You can use the Attachments and other options (click to expand) below the Reply window and attach your screenshot.

The site on the link below is considered a Low Security Site
https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/fmovies.to
Though there are some Hardening Improvements that could help.

That said, I can't visit the site as it is blocked NOT by Avast, but by a UK High Court Order.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I see your other topic related to an uninstall issue, I suggest that you keep that separate to this issue.

Have you submitted the site to the link I gave ?
Though I don't know if Avast would be blocking for Digital rights management (DRM) issues. It didn't get a chance as that site was blocked by other means.

Offline tomellisphoto

David, I have attached a screenshot of what I see from Avast after I try to load fmovies.to.

I have no idea what is happening with the High Court order.  As I said, I was using the site regularly and it was working fine as of Sunday.

When I submit the site to the link you gave me things looked fine, I attached a screenshot from there as well.

Offline tomellisphoto

Regarding the blocking due to the High Court, I don't think that would apply to me since I'm in the US.  But I might be wrong about that.  When I have a chance I'll try the link on a computer that does not have Avast installed.  Unfortunately I have Avast on all of my home systems, and as I have already discovered it is currently impossible to uninstall Avast.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
It could well be location based as I don't bother with VPNs.

You also need to look below where the second screenshot image ended you will see what I was talking about Hardening Improvements.

Outside of that you would have to wait for the Virus Labs team (where that link goes) as they are the only ones that can remove it if it is found to be clear.

I don't really want to start doing cross topic issues it just confuses things and more so as I don't use a MAC and the same is true for Asyn, that's why he gave a link to the Avast Mac Security sub-forum.

I just tried to uninstall Avast from my iMac...
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0

Here you might either find an existing topic related to the issue or can start a new topic there.