Author Topic: ADBLOCK DISAPPEARED!!  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Orange Hippo

ADBLOCK DISAPPEARED!!
« on: November 12, 2020, 12:25:52 AM »
Hello there,

Strangely I can't see any information about this, yet surely I can't be the only one with this problem...!

Since several weeks ago, Avast Secure Browser is no longer blocking advertisements, at least not video adverts including those on a well-known video sharing website.  (You-guessed it!)  Then I noticed that the adblock symbol, which was green and to the right of the address bar, had disappeared; the adblock tile also went from the 'security & privacy centre'.  I've uninstalled the browser and re-installed it but to no avail.  Yet nowhere can I see any mention of it having been withdrawn: Avast's website still boasts about it being an integral feature of its browser and their help and FAQ pages all refer to it being accessible via the two methods I mentioned.  Even Google can't find any reference to other people asking the same question as me!

What's going on?  Is there anybody out there who can shed light on this?  Has it just been taken away with a new 'up'grade?

Incidentally, in case it's a clue, when I noticed the green adblock symbol had disappeared, I also noticed that it had been replaced by the Hackcheck, VPN and Video Downloader symbols.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Pavel Rujzl

• Avast team
Re: ADBLOCK DISAPPEARED!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »
Hi Orange Hippo,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Please be informed that we are working to solve this. We apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused. You should see Adblock next week."

Also, can you please provide the diagnostic info to help up investigating? Just open the browser > click the three dots menu at the right top > Help and About... > About ... > Diagnostic Information. Copy the info to clipboard and paste it here please.

Thanks a lot.

Pavel @ Avast

Offline Orange Hippo

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:27:19 PM »
Thank you Pavel for your reply (and sorry for the delay; I was expecting to receive an email notification that someone had replied but didn't get one).

I do have the latest version of the Secure Browser - 86.1.6938.199 - but the adblock is still missing for me!

The diagnostic info is here; thank you for looking into it for me.

executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Browser\Application\AvastBrowser.exe
profile_path=C:\Users\graha\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\Default
os_version=Windows 10 v2004 (x64)
av_version=20.9.2437
urlscanner_version=1.6.0.266
host_prefix=
browser_version=86.1.6938.199 (Official Build (64-bit))
cgid=213
cid=1102
uid=87a8cc32e437457f9df8d2fa1b66d8cc

Channel: stable
OS language: en-us
Browser language: en-US
Search Engine URL: https://www.google.com/search?client=avast&q={searchTerms}
Omaha version: 1.8.1065.0

Enabled extensions:
ahfgeienlihckogmohjhadlkjgocpleb : Web Store : 0.2
beghmmhchncjignfbfnemngnlnjdmbcb : Avast Anti-Fingerprinting : 2.5.181
dmfdacibleoapmpfdgonigdfinmekhgp : Avast SecureLine VPN : 1.5.1.839
ekmkelgimdicdgkflkakgmjcghgpdnji : Messaging : 1.1.0.156
kdhipfbocahipinepiahppeionfbahlg : Avast Video Downloader : 2.3.107
khoabckdcnciingnnklkfgdhnniefnod : Avast HTTPS Encryption : 19.6.4.136
kmediagceboldddnnajkcochbkfkedel : Avast Anti-Tracking : 1.23.0.675
kmendfapggjehodndflmmgagdbamhnfd : CryptoTokenExtension : 0.9.74
lhnnoklckomcfdlknmjaenoodlpfdclc : Avast Bank Mode : 1.2.0.182
mecokbmnofclapimmlnfegiohceoaocc : Avast Performance Manager : 1.2.220
mfehgcgbbipciphmccgaenjidiccnmng : Cloud Print : 0.1
mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai : Chrome PDF Viewer : 1
nkeimhogjdpnpccoofpliimaahmaaome : Google Hangouts : 1.3.15
pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm : Chrome Media Router : 8620.824.0.0

Disabled extensions:
daihnpeaobniefegkjhignmingejpofa : Avast News Companion (Beta) : 1.1.15.1
emhginjpijfggbofeediiojmdlmlkoik : Avast Passwords : 2.0.4569
nmebbcjdbhgggcgohlnlgadkmjiedfbc : Avast Hack Check : 1.2.341

Offline Orange Hippo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 11:58:00 PM »
Hello Pavel,
Are you still looking into why the adblock is still missing on the Avast browser I'm using, despite it being the latest version?
What could cause that to happen?
Does anybody out there have any suggestions as to a possible fix?

I'm still hoping...!

Offline Jakub171

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 04:13:07 PM »
Hello. I am sorry for this inconvenience. We do take your problem very seriously here, and it is being investigated.
In the meantime, there are few steps you could try.

Go to secure://extensions/
Enable Developer mode by pressing the slider in upper right corner
Press an "Update" button that appears on that page.

If that does not help, you could always eventually try reinstalling the browser, but I do understand that it is not preferable. We are looking into it, so please, feel free to tell us if forcing the extensions to update did help with this problem.
I hope we can solve this soon. Jakub

Offline Orange Hippo

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 11:53:53 PM »
Hello Jakub,
Thank you for your message.  Actually forcing the updates to update had no effect.  But re-installing the browser a second time does seem to have fixed the problem; this time, during the uninstall process, I left the tick-box checked so that the browsing data was also deleted.  It was easy to save and re-instate my bookmarks too  :)
So although whatever caused the adblock to disappear is still a mystery, it seems that something in the browsing data may prevent it from being included as part of a new installation?!  A clue to the underlying issue perhaps...

Offline Trấn Thành2

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 04:45:13 AM »
hello
I got problem like you.3 day ago,i play surviv.io on avast secure browser.i was shock because a lot of ad when me play,i checked adblock but it not work.i hope it will come back soon

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0