Author Topic: case study  (Read 2306 times)

wisebeast

case study
« on: October 03, 2006, 10:55:52 PM »
First a little background... I build OEM computers as a hobby, and recommend Avast to everybody and anybody i can...  a few months ago a guy i work with mentioned he was having some computer problems and wanted to upgrade, so I went to work.

He was using a dell (don't know the model) and right off the bat needed a new hard drive, we knew the old hard drive was infected with at least one bad bug, so once the upgrade was complete we decided to do a little test.  We ran Mcafee, it found 2 or 3 infected files, wasn't able to fix or even quarantine any of them (a joke right), next we ran Nortan, it found 20-30 infected files, and was able to fix about 5 of them...  now the kicker.

We ran avast and it found over 200 infected files, and was able to repair or quarantine all of them!

Heres to the avast team, keep up the good work, and I'll keep spreading the word, hopefully someday I'll get a corprate contract so i can start selling you to big business.

The WISEBEAST

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: case study
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:00:05 PM »
Hi wisebeast,

This is the news we want.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:27:33 PM »
Good to hear, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 06:19:21 AM »

Welcome to the forums, wisebeast.    :)

Thanks for the input as it is good news. I am sure the avast team is also thankful for your "spreading the word."   

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)