Author Topic: Saving files generated by a program running inside the sandbox  (Read 837 times)

Offline YuI_

Saving files generated by a program running inside the sandbox
« on: November 17, 2020, 03:13:34 AM »
Hello! I've got avast premium security version mainly for the sandbox thingy. Such a useful tool, could u imagine?

Anyway, I wanna use it to run a .exe file but I actually wanna save some files generated by the program. The exe itself might be danegrous but .txt files can't hurt you, right? Right. Is it enough to add the directory where the files are originally being saved as an expection, do something else or is it even possible?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Saving files generated by a program running inside the sandbox
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 09:49:52 AM »
Hello! I've got avast premium security version mainly for the sandbox thingy. Such a useful tool, could u imagine?

Anyway, I wanna use it to run a .exe file but I actually wanna save some files generated by the program. The exe itself might be danegrous but .txt files can't hurt you, right? Right. Is it enough to add the directory where the files are originally being saved as an expection, do something else or is it even possible?

Hi,
The saved files will remain in the sandbox environment. You can open e.g notepad outside of the sandbox environment and copy-paste the content of the saved file into notepad.