Author Topic: GrimeFighter doesn't seem to work, and Avast support is unresponsive  (Read 11821 times)

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter doesn't seem to work, and Avast support is unresponsive
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 11:47:23 PM »
I am having the same problem and I cannot get Avast to answer as well. If you find a solution could you please let me know too. I am not too confident in using this company anymore.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »
I have exactly the same problem with Grimefighter. Goes into 'sedation' mode then says.... it wants to connect to the internet, and asks me to choose from what looks like every Wi-Fi network on my street EXCEPT mine. Tried about a dozen times last night. On advice of a friend I my network SSID setting to 'display network when not broadcasting', this hasn't made a difference. Don't actually have an Ethernet cable any more, so that's currently not an option, I'm in a way glad others are have issues with this, so I know it's not just me, judging by time it seems to take to respond (or not) to a 'ticket', I may have to call their UK Helpline, just wonder how long I'll be 'on hold'!"  >:(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
Post your ticket-ID.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:15 AM »
I bought AVAST Licence with GrimeFighter because during trial this service founded 13 problems to solve. 3 App not necessary for the use of the system, 10 system setup to modify and rubbish for 1 GB to cancel.
After having bought the licence I have run GrimeFighter twice but after every scanning the result was the same: apparently nothing was changed and I had the same number of App not necessary, the same system setup functions to modify and the same quantity of rubbish to cancel.

I see the GrimeFighter application is very appealing as marketing point of view but wich is the real value?

Hope AVAST will respond to me very soon for explaining this issue.
Best.
sm

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:08 AM »
I bought AVAST Licence with GrimeFighter because during trial this service founded 13 problems to solve. 3 App not necessary for the use of the system, 10 system setup to modify and rubbish for 1 GB to cancel.
After having bought the licence I have run GrimeFighter twice but after every scanning the result was the same: apparently nothing was changed and I had the same number of App not necessary, the same system setup functions to modify and the same quantity of rubbish to cancel.

I see the GrimeFighter application is very appealing as marketing point of view but wich is the real value?

Hope AVAST will respond to me very soon for explaining this issue.
Best.

SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHERE IS IT POSSIBLE TO OPEN A TICKET TO AVAST?
TKS.
sm

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHERE IS IT POSSIBLE TO OPEN A TICKET TO AVAST?
TKS.
sm
Here you go: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CattMan

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 06:25:39 AM »
djpacha, it is now April 22/15 and it has been almost 90 days since your post.

I have been dogged by Avast advertising to use the grime fighter ever since I upgraded to the Internet security version of Avast!. Finally in a moment of weakness I bought into the cute pictures and the propaganda. After paying for it and downloading it, I ran it and found 90 days later than you that I am experiencing the same problem that you have faced.

I too am running using a wired connection to the internet. My OS is Win 8.1. Has anyone found a solution to this?

You would think that 1600+ posts on this subject should be raising some sort of response from Avast! :( ...  >:(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
I have been dogged by Avast advertising to use the grime fighter ever since I upgraded to the Internet security version of Avast!
Since you are using a paid version of avast, you can disable those pop-ups.

Offline CattMan

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 03:18:01 PM »
It is now November 2020 and I have been struggling with the Win 10 2004 update for many months. Continuously getting No boot drive found - 3F0. I have tried everything suggested by virtually everyone; but to no avail.

It then dawned on me after looking at my boot order in my BIOS. I had 5 DISABLED entries for Avast ! GrimeFighter - a product which I haven't used since my terrible experiences in 2015.

Funny thing is I had successfully installed and upgraded my Win 10 from the start without many issues (that weren't caused by Microsoft that is). This one was a real head scratcher.

I tried all sorts of remedies moving the GrimeFighter below the active devices, resetting my BIOS, many windows based solutions and so on. After awhile I noticed after every failure to boot, one of the GrimeFighter entries would always be the top location to boot loader list - but it remaining DISABLED.

Finally after many many attempts to install the updates (20+) I decided to try to remove the entries from my BIOS. I ended up finding Visual BCDEdit on the web. My thoughts were that for some reason Windows or some other process was not checking the state of the loader and was just using the top entry to boot - a loader which hasn't been there for 5 years.

Using Visual BCDEdit, I was able to delete the entries entirely. Another upgrade attempt and viola, it worked.