Author Topic: iam in need of help with activation  (Read 3244 times)

Offline rod.haims

iam in need of help with activation
« on: November 20, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
i recently aqquired avast premium through a software giveaway site. tried many times of adding the activation code to no avail. for now iam partially protected by the free version. any help to resolve this like send me a new code would be appreciated.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: iam in need of help with activation
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »
Have a look here:
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Activate-Premium-Security/

If the code does not work, then I think your only recourse regarding activation code maybe with the website you got it from, not Avast.
The phrase "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" comes to mind.

The free version provides adequate protection for most.

Offline rod.haims

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
hello rocksteady. the story behind why i wanted to get this program is because for some inexplicable reason my old anti virus, norton has decided to part ways in partnering with comcast. for several years norton has protected me 100%. but anyways, for now i will keep the free version until i decide maybe to buy anti virus software in a store or find another way. thanks again for your help. cheers.

UPDATE- ive uninstlled it for now. going back using defender. whether or not ill go back using avast is up in the air.

p.s. this forum's captcha code stinks.

cheers
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:54:36 AM by rod.haims »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 01:07:46 PM »
p.s. this forum's captcha code stinks.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline rod.haims

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 04:11:42 AM »
it is what it is. anyways, at this point in time, iam not using avast anti virus and went ahead with a rival company. the only thing iam keeping is the avast browser. is this the last of me here? possibly or when i do find a paid avast software..since iam reluctant in buying it online. thx guys

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 11:51:19 AM »
If you previously had Norton installed and are trying to install another antivirus product, then make sure you fully uninstall Norton with their uninstaller. Incomplete removal of past antivirus software can give problems installing something new.

Offline rod.haims

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 09:59:15 AM »
If you previously had Norton installed and are trying to install another antivirus product, then make sure you fully uninstall Norton with their uninstaller. Incomplete removal of past antivirus software can give problems installing something new.

thx for the tip, cheers