Author Topic: Change to Avast cause some problems  (Read 2469 times)

Offline roxanne.champ

• Picked By Fish
Change to Avast cause some problems
« on: November 22, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »
On my Mac I've been using another antivirus program, like a week ago I changed it to Avast. I was pretty satisfied with it, but today I going through my projects I figured out that it blocks one of my sites. I have several of them, they created on the same system, they work fine but Picked By Fish. I regularly check them, so I'm sure there are no viruses, so there is no reason to be blocked.
I do need to solve this issue.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Change to Avast cause some problems
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 11:04:49 PM »
I'm always a little suspicious when a site that is supposedly blocked by Avast isn't blocked (when I check it out), especially when there is the name hiding the link.  Such things can be considered link spamming and could have action taken to stop spamming.

Whilst I'm using the Windows version of Avast, not Avast Mac Security, detections I don't believe would be different other than possibly cosmetic.

Please post, attach a screenshot of the Avast alert.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Change to Avast cause some problems
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:38:46 AM »
Hello,
when Avast blocks specific web page, it should pop up with a dialog. In this dialog, there should be the URL that is being blocked.  Please send this URL to ondrej.kolacek@avast.com . You could also try to report it via https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek