Author Topic: avast and firewall  (Read 2358 times)

mcontract

avast and firewall
« on: October 08, 2006, 02:12:56 PM »
Hello, i use avast 4.7 pro ,but i have problem with zone alarm pro.wnen i start my computer  my desctop icon and start  nenu  do not appear.how can i fix my problem,and recommend other firewall.(  i have only problem with  the lastest version 4.7.892).thank you.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:14:58 PM by mcontract »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast and firewall
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »
The desktop icon not starting is unlikely to be to do with your firewall.
Check the option in the Appearance tab of Program Settings. 

As a temporary measure you can create a desktop shortcut for this file C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe (the avast icon and interface to the providers).  Right click on the file and select Send To, Desktop (create shortcut).

What other security based software do you have that might block new startup entries, e.g. Spybot S&D (TeaTimer), AdAware (AdWatch), SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor (StartUpGuard), PrevX, WinPatrol, ProcessGuard, etc. ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast and firewall
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »
Check either if your avast WebShield is working with ZA Pro (as this last has privacy features and could 'conflict' with the avast WebShield).

Check this link http://www.avast.com/eng/webshield_issues.html
If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro and Privacy Control in ZoneAlarm is set to High and if you click YES in avast comptability dialog box the transparent mode proxy in webshield will be turned off you have to manually configure browser to access internet. To manually configure your browser watch instructional video. In this case, the value ZoneAlarmCompatibility=1 should be at avast4.ini file.
The best things in life are free.