Author Topic: Avast Not Detected In XP Pro  (Read 4088 times)

kitagal55

Avast Not Detected In XP Pro
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:19:07 PM »
I have never had this problem before and I have been using Avast for many years now. But for some reason this morning when I started the puter a balloon came up in the taskbar saying no anti virus detected same with the firewall (Sygate) What the heck is going on here. I did an update for XP the other day I don't know whether that had anything to do with it or not. Please any help appereciated. Really stuck on this one. By the way I did have an error message saying I was missing "framedyn.dll" but I downloaded and installed it and restarted the puter and the balloon did not come up but when I go to the security centre it shows no anti virus or firewall. PLEASE HELP!!   ???

riskpusher4life

Re: Avast Not Detected In XP Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:33:06 PM »
i think the problem might be your update,please go to program access and defaults and "Show updates"
uninstall the most recent update if you know what it is or else uninstall everything and then restart the system maybe that might help,and try helping me with my problem.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Marmot

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 07:44:44 PM »
This is odd as well.  I think that it's old news and now Security Center should be compatible even with Vista RC1 and 64bit version of WinXP.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:52:13 PM »
This is odd as well. 
What? The Security Center that does not recognize avast?
Well, it's a pity for Microsoft as the software is there... SC is what fails on detection  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Marmot

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 07:59:27 PM »
Well, it's a pity for Microsoft as the software is there... SC is what fails on detection  :-\

;D

However, no kidding, on one of my family PCs, the latest Avast! Home is working happily with the Windows XP SP2 Security Center turned on.  The XP is not Professional, though.  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »
However, no kidding, on one of my family PCs, the latest Avast! Home is working happily with the Windows XP SP2 Security Center turned on.
Why not? What's the problem?

Marmot

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 08:21:10 PM »
However, no kidding, on one of my family PCs, the latest Avast! Home is working happily with the Windows XP SP2 Security Center turned on.
Why not? What's the problem?

No problem at all with our system, which is why kitagal55's problem appears to be odd to my eyes.  Thanks for your concern, Tech, though.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »
No problem at all with our system, which is why kitagal55's problem appears to be odd to my eyes.
Oh, I see now... No problem  8)

iano39

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 02:44:52 AM »
Kitagal55, it's my opinion that this may be a sign of some malware activity on your system.   I think that framedyn.dll is sometimes tampered with by these nasties in order to cripple system restore and to stop you getting out of trouble also with such applications as Spybot S & D.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:07:59 AM by iano39 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 02:47:23 AM »
I think that framedyn.dll is sometimes tampered with in order to cripple system restore and such applications as Spybot.
It's always good to disable System Restore, clean your temporary files, schedule a boot time scanning with avast and use other trojan removers to be sure you're clean.